26: My Dork

Lucy

Shit... too slow. The players on this team are definitely good, fast too.

And Heartfilia misses that pass by a few inches. That would've been a fantastic goal if she got her foot in there, Carol?

Yes Mike I think the Allied Forces would've had the major upper hand if Heartfilia scored that. The Denver River players are already annoyed as it is. All they need is another goal to just push them over the edge.

I landed on my back because of an attempt on a goal. These Denver River folk sure do know how to defend well. Gray never got the clear view and judging by the way he kicked, it was the do it or lose it kinda thing. He'd rather have the goalie kick the ball up then lose the ball. I just couldn't see anything period and used my instincts to make the dive along with the calculations.

I am a flawed person when I need to be.

I saw a hand reach out to me. One of the defenders, a girl with dark brown hair and a nice smile offered me support which I accepted with gratitude.

"That was a close one for us," she said as I got to my feet. "You scare me a lot Heartfilia."

"You defend so well," I sighed. "I've never had someone guess how I move as well as you do, Acuff."

"Oh I know why you're playing like you are today," she started a jog with me right beside her. "You have your FC founder watching you, right? She's in one of those VIP booths."

What she said was half true. Founder Mavis was actually here. Although I can't really see her from where I was, I could see the tinted glass booth and the figures of the special people roaming around up there. So hell yeah I was nervous. Yesterday, I was talking to her as the sister-in-law of Natsu but today, she's watching me as someone who could kick me out in seconds if I don't play well.

So far, playing well isn't really a thing.

Flashback

"Players," Jellal looked nervous when he entered the locker rooms where the whole team was gathered talking scheme with the assistant coach. We all directed our attention to him.

He changed into a pretty nice tailored suit with the Allied Forces FC crest on his left chest. His normally calm demeanor looked a little, let's just say stressed.

"We have a very special guest watching us play today," he stepped to the side and in strolled Mavis, looking as flawless as she did the first time I met her.

Gray was the only one who has yet to meet her so he was just as confused as the rest of the players who weren't in Fairy Tail. Natsu and I surprised, Erza immediately bowing to show her respect.

"Hello players," Mavis said with the same small smile she had on when we first met. "I am the founder of Fairy Tail FC."

"Holy shit," Gray muttered under his breath.

"I was around when I heard of this amazing match along with some," she glanced over at us, "of the proud players of Fairy Tail being here so I just had to drag my husband out. As well as some legends taking the field alongside them."

Jura walked over and held out a hand to her, "It is an honor to have you here assessing our performance."

"Why of course," she smiled at our captain. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."