3: And Then the Allied Forces FC is Formed

Lucy

When the final bell rang, I nearly exclaimed with joy. Levy, my math partner, also slammed her binder with content, "Hell has finally come to an end."

"Agreed," I laid my head down on the textbook.

A soft tap at the back of my head made me groaned. I looked up to see the culprit who was interrupting my attempt of a nap.

"You don't want to nap here for the rest of the night, Lucy," a warm smile followed afterwards.

I lifted my head up a bit, "Just leave me alone to die, Liam." And I was back to making out with proofs of a right triangle in the textbook.

He started patting my head, "Come on, Blondie. Get up, get up, get up."

I tried swatting him away without looking up. It wasn't until he suddenly jabbed me in the side did I nearly fall out of my seat.

I glared at him but his perfect face just turned into a smirk, "Uh, football practice. Gotta go!"

"Jerk!" I threw a pencil at him as he ran out the door of the math class.

Levy watched the door a bit longer. She whipped around at me, "He was so flirting with you!"

"Eh?" I shook my head. "Hell no. More of getting on my last nerves for the heck of it."

The Bookworm's mouth twisted, "I don't know. Liam is the king at flirting."

A giant hand slammed on our desks suddenly. For the second time that day, I had a heart attack from two guys. This time, it's Levy's man that was the culprit.

"Let's go, Shrimpy," Gajeel reached behind him and showed her his opened empty bag, "Get inside the bag and we can get going. You walk too slow with them short legs of yours so this is the fastest way."

Levy smacked his buff arms over and over, "You're so rude! Meanie Gajeel!"

Juvia appeared beside my side and at the same time, we mumbled, "That's flirting."

~~~~~~~~~~

The familiar police sirens coming from behind us sounded just as Erza turned onto the side street. Our captain sure does know how to get her man's attention that's for sure.

Out of subconcious, I looked at the rear view mirror to see the guy I love clawing Gray's uniform with zero energy left. This motion sickness of his is dangerous isn't it?

"Is a simple straight drive to the indoor field too hard, Erza?!" Gray shouted.

"Shut it," Erza rolled down the mirror. "We have important matters to discuss with Jellal and it is urgent."

"And driving like a manic on a Starbucks peppermint Frappuccino is so much faster than picking up the phone to call him..." I sighed.

The soft footsteps in the snow covering the sidewalk on my side made me roll down my window.

"Lucy," the officer tipped his hat.

I bowed at the cop with a smile, "Officer Sho."

"Thank you for catching my attention, Erza," the familiar gentle voice of Erza's should be boyfriend filled the car.

Titania quickly turned off the Korean music, her attention completely on the handsome cop, "What was the urgent matter you wished to discuss with us?"

~~~~~~~~~~

"An allied FC team?" We asked simontanously.

Jellal sipped the black coffee, "Yes. Since Coach Makarov is at a conference, he asked me to pass the message off to you."

Jellal's, now dog, raised his head from my lap lazily at me. I pet his head just as Jellal pushed a folder towards us. Erza took the folder and opened it, my eyes following the black folder conciously.

"Hold on a minute here," Gray's eyes darted back to Jellal. "We have to to team up... with these guys?!"

The cop nodded, "I'm afraid so. Makarov wants the four of you here to be the chosen players for this allied teams going up against other FCs from around the world."

"Blue Pegasus, Cait Shelter, Lamia Scale and Fairy Tail," I read off the flyer.

"You will be working with the teams as a joint team representing Fiore," He explained. "Sort of similar to a national team but instead of country teams, you'll be up against international football clubs instead for a few weeks."

"What are the teams?" Natsu, who has been lying asleep on the floor in front of the TV suddenly spoke up.

"Denver Rivers of Colorado, USA. Then LA Universe of California, USA. And a few others but those two are the most notable," Erza flipped the flyer but returned it to the front when she found it was blank.

Gray suddenly smiled, "This is gonna be great! We're playing with some of the best of the best against some of the best of the best."

"Yeah," I nodded my agreement. "It's such an honor and I'll bet it's going to be so much fun."

Erza held up at a hand at both of us, causing us to shut our mouths right away. Captain needed a moment of silence, well okay then.

"When do we leave?"

"The day after tomorrow."

Well, there it is.

"We can't just leave school like that, Jellal," I said bluntly. "We still need to graduate you know."

My friend held up a hand, "That is exactly why you are getting a ton of homework as well as a ton of Khan Academy links for lessons."

Not the point.

"Ah man!" Natsu sat up from his post on. "We're gonna be in America and all we're gonna be doing is some more school work?! That blows!"

My thoughts exactly.

"So do we know who the other players are gonna be?" Gray sat back.

Jellal replied, "All we really do know is that Erza is going to be downgraded from captain status."

"No way," Natsu crossed his arms. "I refuse to follow any other jerk's command other than Erza."

Erza didn't seem dazed at all with her crush's proclamation. Her attention was still on the paper work in the folder, her eyes narrowed absorbing the English words on white paper.

"You see anything, Cap?" I asked.

She looked at me, "I am actually honored not to be the captain. I wouldn't be able to live up to certain expectations."

Erza? Not be able to wear the captain armband? These games are about to get weird. Without Erza on the field shouting commands, well she's still gonna be on the field but she's just gonna be quiet like the rest of us so it's just not a normal thing.

"Who's the captain then?" I asked.

"Jura," the captain answered. "Jura Neekis of Lamia Scale."