15: I Just Took a Selfie of My Nose

Lucy

Things never got awkward between Natsu and I, ever. He always teased me, and I'd always smack him then we'd have a moment, get interrupted, blush then he starts teasing me again.

Natsu led the way to the elevator. As we waited, another couple showed up arm in arm. When the man saw us, he recognized us instantly. Whispering to his partner quietly, I could see her eyes widening at every word.

Natsu watched the little light up numbers indicating the floors the elevator was on, completely ignoring them.

"Um excuse me," the woman finally spoke, her voice indicating her excitement. "Are you Lucy Heartfilia, Celestial Striker for Fairy Tail FC?"

"That would be me," I smiled.

"We heard you were joining together with the other Fiorian FCs as a joint team and was staying here for a tournament," she continued.

"That is correct," I replied. "We'll be here for the next two weeks."

She nearly squealed in her man's arm so he had to speak instead, "I apologize for being so forward. It's just my wife and I are huge, huge fans of Fairy Tail and you so we were wondering if we could get a picture with you as a momento?"

"Of course,"and the man didn't hesitate to pull out his phone.

"Um excuse me, Salamander?" He turned to Natsu.

Natsu looked at the man without saying anything. The man took that as the cue to continue, "Do you mind snapping the picture for us?"

"What?" Natsu raised an eyebrow. "I ain't your personal photographer."

"Natsu," I said under my breath. "Be nice."

He looked at me before sighing, "Fine. Make it fast."

As Natsu grabbed the phone, the woman and the man pulled me until I was stuck between them.

"Wow," the woman murmured to me. "You have him wrapped around your finger. Perhaps the dating rumors are true?"

I shook my head, "Oh no. He just knows I can hurt him so painfully that he wished he were dead, that's all."

"Dammit," he growled under his breath. "I just took a selfie of my nose."

This dork...

"K-keep it," the husband said.

Natsu finally raised the camera, "I'm taking a whole bunch on three."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsu

We arrived on the roof where this giant glass dome covered inside, allowing the guest to stargaze. It was snowing tonight so instead, the sky was a bleeding red with small flakes falling down.

Thankfully we were the only ones up here. I found out about this place when I took ten minutes trying to read the map.

"Wow~" good thing is, Lucy likes it. "It's so amazing."

But bad thing is: I'm about to say some pretty hurtful things.

"Lucy," I sighed.

Almost immediately, she was in front of me, "You started the last conversation so let me start this one."

"This needs to end," I said sternly. "Let me go, Lucy. Nothing we have now is going to help you. We can't continue being friends, alright? It hurts thinking that I can't make you mine at any time I wanted. You need to move on, you need to be happy, don't you understand that? By associating yourself with me, it's only going to slow you down so much. I'm trying to be selfless with you."

"Then try being selfish with me," her brown eyes darkened, almost daring me.

"Lucy!"

"Natsu!" She held up the hand with our team mark. "A wise old lady once told me, 'We accept a love we think we deserve.'"

Now what the hell does that mean?

"Is this the old lady the one from the plane?"

"Anyway," Lucy ignored my quote.

"The problem is I don't deserve you," I grabbed her small slender shoulders. "You're beautiful, smart, wonderful and perfect. Any positive word in all languages is about you. That's why you don't deserve to dwell on me. "

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm taken by someone else," I said slowly.

"Lisanna knows," she said, softly.

"Knows what?"

"About our feelings for one another," she said.

Shit! "How did she find out? When?" My brother is going to kill me!

"She overheard you ending things with me," Lucy admitted.

"This isn't good..." I ran a hand through my pink hair. "What she say?"

"She was going to fix things," Lucy's brown eyes found mines. "S-she told me to go ahead..."

"Go ahead and do what?" I blinked, once twice.

Lucy's hands suddenly grabbed my warmer. My heartbeat raced at an impossible speed at the moment of contact. Signals of confusion shot to my mind.

Over the months I knew Lucy, I knew she was strong and independent. I knew she could be bold when she wanted to be and weak another minute. That's just what makes her such an interesting character in my eyes. She adapts so easy to her surroundings that it's almost impossible to surprise her.

But her actions right now told me she was definitely surprised with this newfound confidence.

Her hands tightened around my warmer as I felt her pull my body. I could've held back, I was heavier and stronger than she was. But my heart told me otherwise. My whole body let those arms pull me towards her.

Lucy's lips brushed mines and lingered for a bit. The moment they did, as cheesy as it was, my heart skipped a beat. I almost collapsed from the way they were so soft against my own, I almost lost control right there.

I needed her touch, I had no idea I needed Lucy to be mines this badly.

So I did what my mind, body, heart told me to do.

My eyes closed, my arms snaking around her waist pulling her body impossible closer to mines. I melted into the perfect kiss.

We accept a love we think we deserve.

Old lady... I don't think. I know.