17: In Progress

Lucy

We're being awkward again. It's becoming an everyday thing.

After we were done actually watching the snow fall with Wendy for a little while longer, it was time to head back so we did. No, that's a lie. We sprinted down the stairs, Wendy pulling ahead of us and let me tell you this... she's fast like the wind. I think her motivation was that her cousin was about to check to see if we were all back in our rooms in about two minutes.

We made it was just thirty seconds to kill. Natsu jumbled with the lock for about twenty of them then we were inside. Just as we both caught our breaths, there was knock making me open it immediately to a very flattered Jellal.

"H-hey," I panted. "Coach. We made it!"

He raised an eyebrow, "Yes I see that."

Natsu was sitting down in one of the dining chairs, waving at the coach trying to catch his own breath.

Jellal looked at me again, "I expect both of you to be up at five tomorrow, down for breakfast at six sharp then at the bus doors at seven."

"Understood."

"Natsu?" the coach looked over my shoulder again.

"I got it, Jell-o," he sighed. "I'm not that dorky."

"Oh I don't know about that," Jellal patted my head once. "Good night."

"Night," I waved to him before silently shutting the door.

"That stupid son of a gun," I heard Natsu grumble at his place, taking off his scandals. "I ain't no two year old who doesn't know how to work an alarm clock..."

I smiled at him, "Then stop being flaky. That way all of us can stop treating you like you're a two year old."

Natsu looked at me, "Like that's gonna help. You always do."

"Because you come up with stupid things like dragons eating Hamlet."

"Hey," he pointed at me. "Like I said, creativity and imagination - "

"Makes up a two year old's mind," I crossed my arms. "Now, do I have to let the two year old shower first or will I?"

At the mention of shower, the tips of Natsu's ears turned pink. Dammit, I was too straightforward.

"We could take one together," he said two seconds later.

There it goes, "I'll take it first."

I walked past him, eager to go and take that relaxing warm bath. That or get stuck in the same room with his perverted little mind. And I don't think I could handle how they can get. He is a kind of being pervy when he wants to.

"Wait, Luce," he reached out, gently grabbing my wrist.

I didn't even get a chance to look at him before I was sitting on his lap, his face dug into my blonde hair, eyes closed concentrated on my presence. I felt my body relax into his body, it felt right, you know. It just felt like I belonged in his arms, as cheesy as it was. I wanted to stay like this, forever if anything.

"What are we now?" he murmured. "Our relationship I mean."

"Ummm," I leaned a little more, until I could see one of his dragon eyes peeking up at me. "I don't know, what do you think?"

"Well, we aren't friends anymore," he blinked. "At least I hope we're passed that phase."

"How about we're 'in progress'?" I asked. "We're no longer in the friend stage but we're not at the stage where we could hold hands in public."

This was nice. Having Natsu's warm body giving me heat in this cold snowy Colorado night was rather soothing. I closed my eyes to enjoy our little cuddle session, on my own dream planet.

But too bad in reality, all perfect things come to an end.

"Natsu?" I called once.

Nothing.

"Natsu?" I called again.

He's alive, I didn't crush him... I could feel him breathing in against my neck. Why isn't he answering?

"Natsu?"

Snore.

Oh you have got to be kidding me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~