Chapter 20~The Case of the Hound

The case that Sherlock had dragged me too was quite tedious. At the end of it, we both entered the flat. John looked up at us with wide eyes. Oh, did I fail to mention that Sherlock and I were covered in blood?

"Well that was tedious." Sherlock said, placing the end of his harpoon on the floor. I rolled my eyes.

"You went on the tube like that?" John asked. I wiped some of the blood from my face.

"None of the cabs would take us." I said, annoyed. Sherlock leaned his harpoon against the wall.

"Jax handled the sight of all that blood better than a normal human should." Sherlock quirked.

"Oh please. What do you think I do every month?" I replied. Sherlock and John's faces went blank. I busted up laughing.

"Oh my god, you're faces." I said between laughs. Sherlock walked into the living room. I wiped my eyes and controlled my laughter.

"I'm going to take a shower. Try not to miss me." I said, making my way up the stairs. I heard John's laughter as I walked into my bedroom.
➳➴➵➶➷➸➹
"Nothing?" Sherlock asked, pacing around the room. He was wearing his blue silk robe, tossing the harpoon from hand to hand.

"Military coupe in Uganda." John said, his eyes raking through the newspapers. Sherlock hummed in irritation. I chuckled.

"Another photo of you in the uh..." I said, pointing to the picture in the newspaper of Sherlock in the deerstalker.

"Ugh..." Sherlock said in annoyance.

"Cabinet reshuffle." John said.

"Nothing of importance. Oh God!" Sherlock said, pounding the end of his harpoon on the ground. He turned to us.

"Jax, get me some." He said.

"No." I said immediately, straightforward.

"I know you've hidden them. You're the only one smart enough to find a decent hiding spot." Sherlock said. John furrowed his brows.

"Get me some." Sherlock said again.

"No, cold turkey we all agreed." I said pointing a finger at him. He rolled his eyes and plopped down in his chair, hugging his knees to his chest.

"You've paid everybody off, anyway. Nobody in a two mile radius will sell you any." John said. Sherlock glared at him.

"Oh, John. I envy you." He said. John raised his eyebrows, leaning on his hand.

"You envy me?" He asked.

"You're mind is so placid, straightforward. Mine is like a rocket, tearing itself to pieces, trapped on the launch pad." Sherlock said quickly, his eyes darting around.

"I don't know how Jax does it." Sherlock admitted.

"Does what?" I asked curiously.

"Keep yourself occupied." Sherlock answered.

"My mind is not as fast as yours. It's not tearing itself apart, always needing stimulation. You need to solve puzzles while I need to remember things. Information is what my mind specializes in. Although the cigarettes do help." I explained.

"I need a case!" Sherlock shouted.

"You just solved one!" John shouted back.

"That was this morning, I need another one." Sherlock said, drumming his fingers on the armrests of his chair.

"Nothing on the website." John said. Sherlock sighed irritably and grabbed his violin, sawing at the strings creating a dreadful noise that resembled two cats in a custody battle.