Chapter 5~The Poison Giant

We were sitting in Sherlock and John's living room. Sherlock was pacing around the room, his hands up to his mouth.

"This is agonizing!" He shouted.

"I need a case!" John and I rolled our eyes.

"Keep rolling your eyes, John. You might just find a brain back there." Sherlock hissed. He was getting more grumpy by the minute.

"You haven't got anything?" I asked John. His eyes were focused in his laptop.

"What is it?" Sherlock asked, going over to look over John's shoulder. I stood by to read over his shoulder too. John was looking at an email. It was a picture of a single pearl. No text. No return email.

"That's the same one in the last six days." John said. Sherlock stared at the screen, concentrating.

"Do you think it's just spam?" John asked.

"No. Why do you get all the interesting emails?" Sherlock pouted.

"Who's it from?" I asked.

"It doesn't say." John explained. I held out my hands.

"Let me see." I said. He handed me the laptop. While they talked amongst themselves about the reason for the emails, I was tracing where it had come from. In a matter of seconds, I had found the address. I handed the laptop back to John.

"It's from a warehouse in Wapping owned by a Daniel Brennan." I said. They stared at me.

"You got that that quickly?" John asked. I waved my hand dismissively.

"Child's play." I said. Sherlock was already putting on his coat.

"Well, come on!" He said urgently.

"Let's go to the warehouse." I hopped up and shrugged on my leather jacket.

"Jax," Sherlock began. "It might be dangerous." My face lit up.

"Excellent." I said, racing out the door, Sherlock and John right behind me.
➳➴➵➶➷➸➹
~Sherlock's POV~
We stepped carefully into the warehouse. It was for the most part empty, our footsteps the only sound to be heard. Jax was in front of me, walking soundlessly on the concrete. Where did she learn to move that silently? I noted in my head.

"Split up. Look for anything suspicious."John said. We nodded, and parted ways. I went into the main office. I examined the papers scattered across the top of the desk. They were all up to date. The seat was cold and the coffee in the mug was stale. Nobody's been here for a while.

"Sherlock! John!" Jax shouted. I whipped my head up, abandoning the desk and racing towards her voice. I found her kneeling down next to something. When I looked closer, I saw that it was a body. I knelt down on the other side of it.

"Dead?" I asked. She nodded. She brushed aside the collar of his shirt, revealing a dart sticking out of the base of his neck. She yanked it out, examining the tip. I watched her curiously. John rushed up to us, kneeling down by the body.

"Curare poisoning. Death by asphyxiation, weakened skeletal muscles and paralysis of the diaphragm. The body's cold, so he's been dead around eight hours." Jax said, her eyes running over the body. John and I stared at her. There was a laptop sitting next to the body, and Jax opened it. She typed things into the computer as John phoned Lestrade so they could take the body for investigation.
➳➴➵➶➷➸➹
We were back at the flat, sitting around Jax as she studied the laptop. I was noting things down in my mind palace, creating a room for her. Has a mind palace, vast database. Martial arts background. Resourceful. Abnormal stealth and agility. Smoking habit. Secretive. Vertical scar on the back of her left hand, due to the needle of a hospital drip inserted in the hand. Spent a lot of time in a medical setting. Subconscious habit of twirling the silver ring on her hand, sentimental connection.