Chapter 12~Old Friends

Sherlock rang the doorbell to her house and pretended to be a man who had been beaten up and robbed. They buzzed us in, and Sherlock and I sat down in the luxurious living room while John got a first aid kit. It was all white, with white leather couches and crystal lamps. Sherlock held the cloth he had been given to his face.

"I didn't punch you too hard, did I?" I asked. He looked sideways at me.

"You have a powerful arm." He remarked. I heard the clopping of heels approaching. We shut our mouths and fell into character.

"Hello, sorry to hear that you've been hurt. I don't think Kate caught your names?" Irene said, quickly approaching the room. Hearing her smooth voice again was strange.

"I'm so sorry, I-" Sherlock was cut off as she entered the room.

"Annnnd, she's naked." I said. Irene smirked at me as she came to stand in front of us.

"Jax." She breathed as if my name was honey on her lips. "Long time no see." I smiled without humor.

"Not long enough." I replied. She smiled again, coming to almost sit on my lap.

"Don't act like you aren't pleased to see me. I've missed you." She purred, trailing her finger across my cheek. I swatted her hand away.

"Don't touch me." I snapped. Her eyes raked my body.

"I haven't seen you in years. I have been keeping an eye on you, though. My, what a fine young woman you have grown to be. I am putting you on my to-do list." She said with a seductive smile. I rolled my eyes. John entered the room, holding a bowl of water and a cloth. He froze, staring at the naked woman standing over me.

"I've missed something haven't I?" He said.

"Please, sit down." She said gesturing to the couch. John sat down, his mouth still hanging open. Irene looked at me again.

"So, is Jim still obsessed with you?" She asked. I narrowed my eyes.

"Guess that's a yes." She said. She walked over to Sherlock.

"I see you've been hanging around the detective in the funny hat. Hello, Mr. Sherlock Holmes." She said, winking at him.

"Miss Adler." Sherlock said blankly. My eyes ran over her, trying to deduce. Nothing came up. I sighed in annoyance.

"You know I can't deduce when you're naked, Irene." I said irritably.

"I know." She said smiling. Her face suddenly changed. She looked at me with a solemn expression.

"I heard about Will. I'm sorry." She said sincerely. My throat closed and my eyes widened a bit.

"I also heard about what you tried to do." Irene said with a hint of disappointment.

"What did she try to do?" John asked out of curiosity. Irene glanced at him and then back at me.

"She tried to kill herself after the incident. Shoved a handful of pills down her throat. I was glad to hear that you had survived." Irene said. I was frozen in place, staring at her with wide, fearful eyes. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat. Sherlock and John were staring at me now, with questioning and concerned gazes. I hated that look. The "sympathy" look.

"Jim was quiet devastated when he heard the news." Irene continued.

"Stop." I croaked out. She sat down in an armchair and folded her arms over her body. She nodded her head at the sketch pad and pencil sitting on the table near the couch.

"Would you like to draw me? You used to love doing that." Irene said. "Just like old times. Go on." I clenched my jaw, and picked up the pad and pencil. Sherlock and John raised their eyebrows, surprised to see me doing what she said. I looked at her, and the pencil started to move across the paper. She smiled, knowing exactly what she was doing. If I didn't do what she said, she would tell Sherlock and John about things I would rather keep a secret. What a dominatrix, I thought bitterly. She turned to Sherlock.

The Weapon-A Sherlock Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें