Proposal? ~ Hide x Reader

He gave me the most heartwarming smile I had ever seen.

"Yes, I will" Hide said.

"you may now kiss the bride" the wedding officiant declared.

I put my hands on his shoulders and slowly leaned in. I could feel his hot breath on my lips. One more second and we would officially be husband and wife. Just one more second and we would be together forever a-

"(y/n)! (y/n)!"

"Wha?" I exclaimed while I drowsily opened one of my eyes.

"Ah, you're finally awake!" 

The voice that had previously been calling my name sounded strangely familiar. Who was it? I was still too sleepy to think clearly. I started recalling the dream I had been dreaming just a few seconds ago. Aha! It was the same voice as the one that had proposed to me!

No doubt about it, this angelic sounds came from no other than my boyfriend, Hideyoshi Nagachika. We had been dating for a few years now and I was still hopelessly in love with him. For a few months already I secretely been hoping that he would actually propose to me and that was probably the cause of these taunting dreams.

"What is it Hide?" I opened my other eye as well and stared into Hide's face.

"Just wanted to give you a kiss before I left for work." He said. He leaned in and gently kissed the tip of my nose.

"Okay. Do your best today!" you cheered him on. He smiled and nodded before he closed the door so you could go to sleep once again. He had only been gone for three seconds when he opened the door again. 

"Forgot something!" He picked up a bag.  "And remember, when I come back I have a special surprise for you!"

The door was shut a second time. Special surprise eh? What could he have in store for me? Could it be...? My mind was going crazy. What if the special surprise was a marriage proposal? I got up from the bed and dressed myself.

When I was done I went downstairs to cook myself some breakfast, but to my surprise breakfast had already been cooked. There was a big plate with strawberries all around it. I walked closer and saw that the plate held a pancake shaped like a heart. On top of the heart was a little note.

'Dear (y/n), we have known each other for a very long period and I really, really, really like you. No, scratch that, I love, love, love you! So there is something I want to tell you. There is a package lying next to the front door. There is another note with instructions on it'

I squeeled in happiness. This wasn't real! It just couldn't be. Was this like some sort of treasure hunt where the last item would be a ring or something like that? Oh. My. God. I just couldn't believe my eyes.

I walked to the frontdoor and picked up the package. It was kinda heavy, what could be inside? I took the note that had been attached to the cardboard box with some sellotape.

'Dear (y/n), well done! You found the note. I am so sorry to ask you this, but could you please deliver this at the address on the back of the note? Love you! Hide. Btw: I prepared you some breakfast to make up for this'

I can't believe this guy! Ugh. Why? Why does he have to do something like that. I felt tears pricking in the corner of my eye. Tch, getting my hopes up again. It is just like last week.

"Hey (y/n)! Could you please come with me? There's something I'd like to give you something."

I nodded and followed my boyfriend. 

"What is it Hide? I'm really curious right now!"

He took me to the park. Surprisingly there were no other people there. Had he planned all of this? Then this must be something really special. He couldn't mean... Was he finally going to propose to me?