Ch. 2

If any of you think this story will be good , I'd really appreciate it if you shared it or helped me get people to read it . I'll update whenever I can . x

Enjoy . (:

~~

It was 23rd of December , the day before Christmas eve , and Louis' birthday . Harry went out and bought Louis both a birthday present and a Christmas present , knowing he doesn't have anyone else to get him these .

It was late noon when he finally got home , "I'm home !" He called and shut the door behind him . Bear ran up to him and pushed his big frame into Harry's leg , making him chuckle , "Hey , big guy ."

Milo was on the couch barking for attention , Harry went to pick him up and pressed a kiss to his head .

"Lou , are you home ?" He called towards the bedrooms area , when Louis walked out , his bag in his hands . Harry frowned , "Where are you going ?"

"I'm staying at a hotel ." Louis said as if it's nothing . "I just wanted to thank you for letting me stay these past few days , I -"

"Why are you leaving ?" Harry asked and put Milo down , walking towards Louis .

"It's really close to Christmas , and you're going to spend it with your family ." Louis said , looking away from him . "I can't let myself stay around , I just won't fit . Like always ..." He whispered the last part , but Harry heard full well what he said , and it made his heart pang .

Harry sighed through his nose , he took Louis' bag from his hands and went to put it back in the guest room .

"Hey ! What ? Harry ." Louis followed him , "Why are you doing this ?"

"Because , I'm not going to spend Christmas with my family ." He sighed , "I was going to , but there's a huge storm coming up and we can't meet each other this year , until after New Years ."

"S-Storm ?" Louis shivered as he bit his bottom lip .

"Yeah , a really big one . You know , snow , lightning , thunder ." Harry said , not knowing he's making Louis feel more uncomfortable .

"W-well , I'm still g-going to st-tay at a hotel . I was here f-for too long ." Louis went to grab his bag again , but Harry caught his arms and took him out of the room , "You're staying here and that's final ."

"Why are you insisting ?" Louis asked , "Why don't you throw me to the street , like my parents did ? Like everyone else would ?" He could feel tears welling in his eyes . Harry is just too nice for him , he never had someone this nice to him .

"Because I care ." Harry said .

"Why do you care ?" Louis asked quietly , keeping his tone just above a whisper , if he doesn't want his voice to crack .

"Because no one should spend Christmas eve alone , and especially not their birthday . And other than that , you're just sweet and nice , I like having you around ." Harry offered a smile .

Louis looked away , he sniffled and reached up to wipe under his eyes . Harry frowned and took Louis' face into his hands , "Hey , why tears ?" He wiped his tears away with his thumb .

"You're just so nice to me ." Louis sniffled , "No one was ever this nice to me . anybody else would treat me like I'm inhuman , and you're just nice to me and let me stay here , a-and -"