1. I just want to be normal

I realized at a very young age that I would never have a life like the people on t.v. had. I wanted that. I wanted to go to an actual school. Have real friends. But all I got was My mum teaching me at home and the only friends I have are video game characters.

I'm a Neko. I look exactly like everyone else. Just with cat ears and a tail. My mum is one too. She's always very careful with what she allows me to do. 'Don't go outside unless your ears are covered and your tail is tucked into your pants.'

I wasn't even allowed outside until I was 5. My mum had another son. My brother, unlike me, looked like my Dad. Completely normal. No ears like mine, no tail.

I remember being around 10 and realizing why my parents didn't want to show my ears and tail to anyone. They left the t.v. on while dropping my brother off somewhere. It was a talk show, one that I had never been allowed to watch. There was a man on the show talking about "his Neko" and he told the other people what they had done the previous night.

Thats when I realized that Nekos were just objects to them. Not people with feelings and ambitions.

/flashback/
"Dan?" My mum knocked on my door. "Can I come in?"

I pulled my blanket over my head. "No, Leave me alone."

She just sighed and opened my door anyway, sitting down at the foot of my bed. "Dan, honey what's wrong?"

"Just go away.."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong."

"You and Dad left the t.v. on and I saw a show I wasn't allowed to watch."

"Is that why you're upset? Did you think we'd be mad?"

I poked my head back out of the blanket. "No, it was a talk show and he was talking about 'his neko'"

She signed and put her hand on my back. "Dan, you know that your father and I would never let that be you they're talking about."

I nodded slightly. "But you can't protect me forever."

"I know..which is why we're teaching you how to protect yourself now so we don't have to later."

I nodded again but mumbled. "I just want to be normal."
/end flashback/

I remember being 15 and hating my mum. I told her I hated her and that I wished she wasn't my mum so I could be 'normal'. I didn't mean it. I was just mad. After that, they decided I could go to an actual school.

A/N: So I've got a new story out!! This one!! I'm writing a lot lately but you'll have to wait for updates.

Soz

This first chapter is kind of angsty. I guess counts as angst??

Next chapter will have a lighter mood.

Also I guess possible trigger warnings for the whole story are:
Self-hating (usually only slightly)
Slight non-con (done by a minor character to a major character. mentions of non-con sexual situations.possible mentions of alcohol.
The sex.

Other than that it should be free of triggers. Also, please check out my other published fics such as.

I can't sleep~Phan
and Phan Oneshots

Hope you guys enjoy this one! X3

Tysm for reading! Feedback is always appreciated.