Something's Wrong

Start from the beginning

"Actually Liam was the one with the anger issues." Scott deadpans, looking back down at Terra.

"It's the combination of the full moon and the nemeton." Deaton explains, bending down to check her pulse. "I've never encountered a wolf or any supernatural creature of this caliber before so it's going to be very unpredictable."

"I don't get it. She was doing good- she got in under control." I mumble, my fingers combing through her hair gently. I was going to tell her. Everything was good, everything was fine for just one moment.

"Scott, could you help me with Terra please?" Scott and Deaton lift Terra from the ground, her head falling back limply as they adjust her arms around their shoulders. I rush forward, lifting her head up slightly so she won't get a crick in her neck.

"Stiles- we'll take care of her. She's going to be okay."

I nod in apprehension, letting Terra's head rest on Scott's shoulder. I watch helplessly as they take Terra to Deaton's car, the two conversing quietly as they lay her down gently in the back. "She's going to be okay. She's strong." Lydia comforts, resting a hand on my shoulder.

"I know."

After Scott and Deaton took Terra, Lydia, Kira, and I stayed back. I decided to take my mind off things by helping Lydia clean up the house. After having so many people over it was the least I could do. However some time ago Lydia and Kira wandered off somewhere and I haven't seen them since the last freshmen was pushed out. Malia took Liam home which in hindsight was a bad decision considering it's a full moon and neither of them have complete control and Malia can't drive.

Carrying a trash bag around, I pick up solo cups, my eyebrows furrowing when I realize I'm smelling alcohol. "Lydia!" I call out, only to be answered with silence, "Lydia- did you order beer?" Cringing, I throw the solo cup into the trash bag. Noticing that the bag is almost full I tie it off, placing the bag by the door.

I jump slightly as my phone rings in my pocket. Glancing at the caller ID, my eyes droop before I answer it. "Scott? What's wrong?"

"I need you to come down here and help with Terra."

"What? What's happening? Scott? Is she okay?"

"Just come Stiles. We need your help."

"Okay- okay. Just tell me that she is okay."

The line stays silent for a few moments, sending my heart racing in anticipation. "I don't know." My heart completely plummets. Everything that I wanted to tell Terra seeming all that more important. I need to tell her, I need to see her, I need to be with her.

"I'm coming. I'll be there soon." I mumble numbly, hanging up the phone promptly as soon as Scott says goodbye. Noticing that Lydia and Kira are still missing I grab a nearby piece of paper, scribbling down that I am leaving so they don't get worried. With that I run out of the house, rushing to my car.

What could be wrong with Terra? Is her body rejecting the bite? But that can't be possible because she was bitten so long ago and she was fine. It could be whatever those hunters injected her with. But the same problem arises because that was a while ago.

Unknown to myself tears brim my eyes, just the mere thought of Terra being in pain driving me insane. I slam a hand onto the steering wheel, my sadness turning into anger. "This can't be happening!" I scream out, slamming my hand down again. Pressing down on the gas pedal I speed past stop lights and stop signs, getting to the clinic in a mere ten minutes.

I fling the door open, the bell swinging vigorously, also alerting Scott and Deaton of my presence. I vault over the mountain ash gate, my anxiety preventing me from undoing the gate hatch. Scott pulls the back room door open for me, hurriedly pushing me to stand besides Terra.