Part Seven

REESE

I am lying on the couch in the living room while I stare at the screen of my phone when they come home.

"Hey, heavy rain outside, you don't get caught in rain while you walk home?" Lucy asked.

"Nope. Not raining yet back then. I go shoot some basketball and then I went swimming, then only it's started to rain."

"Oh okay. So anything to eat?" She asked.

"I don't know. Haven't eaten yet. I wait for you guys."

"Let's order some pizza?" Christ said and then I just nod. I heard my twin brothers said yes at the back, surely this was their idea. "What you watching on the phone?"

"My new bae." I said, smiling widely.

"Who's your new bae?"

"Birgitte Hjort Sorensen." I answered.

"Who is that?"

"Danish actress."

"How did you know her?"

"From Pitch Perfect 2."

"What? You watch Pitch Perfect already?" Christ asked, covering my phone with her hand.

"Yeah, over the weekend, with erm" I paused. "Her" I said with lower voice. I put my phone aside, looking at her intently

"Who?" Christ asked me. "Ohh, what's her name? Ahhh, Jay, right?" She said mockingly.

"Shut up, Cristina." By calling her Cristina, I make her really pissed off.

"Cristina? Haaa okay, I'm going to tell dad, you have one night stand with errmm stranger." Christ said.

"She's not stranger, I am 18 and we don't have what you call it as one night stand."

"So what did you do?"

"We go karaoke, movie, dinner and we just go home and play piano then I go take a bath and I drowned myself." I laughed. "So, we don't have sex. No worries."

*beep beep*

"hey Number, watcha doing?" I looked at my phone screen. Unrecognized number text me, but from the way the person who sent me this text greet me, I know it's her. I am smiling uncontrollably.

"Who text you?" Christ asked me.

"Her." I blushed.

"You are blushing." She said. Lucy shouted from the upstairs asking us whether we already order the pizza or not yet. And we both said no, she sprints downstairs and come near us and pinch Christ's ear.

"I told you to order. You forgot?" Lucy asked her with her angry face. Ergh terrifying.

I look back at my phone. It takes me awhile to reply her. I don't want to sound silly in my text.

"Nothing. Just having a conversation with my sisters. You?" I replied. I stared at my phone waiting for her reply. My heart pounds vigorously. I bit my lower lip. Waiting.

One minute.

Two minutes.

Three minutes.

Four minutes.

Five minutes.

I'm still holding and looking at my phone. She's not going to reply me. It's been five minutes since I reply her. I'm such as stupid dork, she's is your teacher, Marissa.

Ten minutes.

*Jay is calling*

"Hi." I said. I can hear my heart pound.