Part Thirteen

REESE

The rest of weekend went very well, on Sunday, dad and mom stayed home, we had a great time together, we compete in basketball, guys vs. girls. For forty-four years old plastic surgeon, who always in the building correcting on someone's face, my dad is quite tough; he got all the stamina and did not tired easily, not like my brothers. What a shame!

Mom was making sandwiches and we picnicked beside the pool, which was the happiest day of my life. But today, my dad scolded me for not going to school again, he said how am I going to be a great neurosurgeon, if I don't study well? I got nothing to against his speech, so I just apologized and promised to go to school tomorrow.

I was watching TV when my maid called me.

"Marissa, ada bungkusan untuk kamu." She said in Malay brings the meaning of you got parcel. So, I just go to the door and signed some documents and retrieve the package. It says here To: Amber Lee, From: Apple Malaysia.

I opened the box and it contains an iPhone, an iPad Air 2 and an iPod touch. Wow, that's a lot. It was nicely wrapped with white wrap and red ribbon. I tear opened the package of the iPod first, it was red iPod touch and it carved behind it says 'You are my sunshine, you bright up my world. –JJ- Then, I look at the iPad, look at it, still nicely wrap in packaged, so I tear it like a little monster and I looked behind the iPad 'Marissa Amber Lee, please be mine?'

I smiled widely looking at the stuff, then I grabbed my phone and text her.

Me: I think you sent the wrong item to me.

Me: *photo of iPad and iPod*

Jay: No, I am not.

Me: Yes, you are.

Jay: Who else have a very nice name, Marissa 'Amber' Lee? The one who took my heart and never put it back?

Me: I don't know.

Jay: So, be mine?

Me: No.

Jay: Let's go out tonight?

Me: No.

Jay: Pleaseee.

Me: No.

Jay: I love you.

Jay: I am truly do.

Me: Okay fine. You win.

Jay: Tonight at 8, I'll come and fetch you.

I am looking towards the night. To be frank, I miss her, miss her so much. I switched off the TV and went upstairs; set the alarm to 5 and sleep. I need my beauty sleep.

She wears pearl white sleeveless satin shirt with knee-length pleated floral skirt and simple emerald green sandal. She's cute. She makes her hair a bun, omagash, I like her even more. She leaned over her black BMW and smiled at me.

"The outfit looks nice on you." I complimented her.

"Thanks." She said. "This is our first official date. I want to look nice."

"You are- looking nice."

"I thought you are wearing something a little bit formal to match me, but you are not. Maroon short, white T-shirt and a sweater, good choice." She said mocking me.

"I am just eighteen; I usually go on a date wearing casual." I shrugged. "So, where are we going?"

"I don't know." She said. "Just get in the car."

"Seriously? You want to take me out but you don't know where to take me?"

"We'll figure out together." She smiled. "Have you eaten?"

"Nope. Not yet." I said.

"Let's go eat then."

"Amber."

"Yes? What is it Miss Johansson." I looked at her.

"I am sorry."

"What for?" I asked.

"For the entire thing that happen to you."

"Okay. People make mistake."

"Thanks."

"Sure."

How can I not to forgive her, I mean, the way she talked, the way her eyes looked at me, they make me melt in millions different ways. I just can't say no. It's impossible.

We arrived at the Asian cuisine restaurant. The combination of Asians food such as Malay food, Japanese, Korean, Thai food, Indian, all are here. I get out of the car, waiting for her to settle things down in the car.

"Let's go." She grabbed my hand and pulled me near her. I can hear my own heart pounding fast. We entered the Thai food section, the waitress came and gave us menu. I looked at the menu.

"Amber, what is this?" Jay asked me while her finger pointing at the menu.

"Telur Bungkus." I said.

"What is that?"

"Some kind like diced chicken with vegetables and wrap in eggs." I explained to her then she make Oh-I-understand face.

"So I would like to have Nasi Goreng Ikan Masin and Telur Bungkus satu." She said to the waitress while showing 'one' sign with her finger. "And Peach Tea, Iced."

"I nak Tomyam Campur satu, jangan buat pedas sangat okay? And Nasi Goreng Ikan Masin satu dengan Telur Mata Kerbau dua. That's all." I said in Malay. I don't really have the Chinese accent when speaking either Malay or English but sometime the accent is kind of noticeable. "Ah, Oreo milkshake satu."

"What did you ordered just now?"

"How long did stay here in Malaysia?"

"I don't know. Five years?"

"Five years and you don't understand Malay?"

"People here always talked to me in English so I don't have chance to learn Malay."

"I can teach you."

"Yeah?" I nodded. "So, teach me by telling me what did you ordered just now. I just understand Nasi Goreng Ikan Masin."

"Okay fine, I want a Mixed Tomyam, don't make it too spicy, then, Nasi Goreng Ikan Masin and two sunny sides up eggs and an Oreo milkshake. Satisfy?"

When our order had arrived, the waitress put down the foods on our table. She is hot, she got what we called as hour-glass figure and she is wearing a short skirt and a tight shirt. Jay thanked her and I saw the waitress flirted with her. She winked at my Jay then Jay smiled at her, what the fuck? It makes my heart burned internally.

"Miss Johansson, what are you doing just now?" I asked her.

"I thanked her?"

"Oh, that's the way to thank people? By flirting with her. Now only I know."

"No I'm not." She said as she avoided my eyes. "O my God, you jealous. Your cheek is red." She pinched my cheek, and I am blushing, I can feel it.

"Jealous? Hell no."

p/s: thanks for all my voters and readers. I love you all. Keep reading and keep voting, remember to comment as well. XOXO from Kuala Lumpur :)