Part Six

A/N: I already post this part but then I deleted it. So I made some changes at the end of this part, but most of it remains the same. Thanks for reading it again. There are SOME BUT MAJOR CHANGES at the end. Thanks again. 

REESE

"Today's practice might take a little bit longer. You want to go home first or you want to wait for us?" Lucy asked me.

"I can give you a ride." Henry offered.

"I'll wait or I'll just walk." I said nonchalantly.

"Okay then."

I went out of the building and headed to the library. Still not decided either to wait for them or just walk home, I should just ask daddy to buy me car, so that I won't need to wait or walk home. I sit outside the library; there are chairs and tables, the wind flow very soothingly, hitting my cheek, I take out my book and start to read it.

I sense someone watches me from distant, I look at my phone, it's twenty after five, wow, and I had been here for two hours and more. I look around me, and there I saw Jay, at the parking lot, looking at me, I smile at her and I wave my hand too, but she just enters her car and left. Wow, that's rough. I mean, yeah, we spent a weekend together right after she told me to stand up on a chair, and just now, she kicked me out of her class, and now she ignored me. 'Seriously Marissa? You need to get over her.' I talk to myself. Out of the blue, tears streaming down from my very own eyes, I can't help but to cry. It hurts me so much. I try to stand up but I just can't. She can't do this to me, I know I ignored her during lunch, but this? No, I can't get through this.

"Hey." I heard someone erm speak to me. I turn around with my soak-with-tears face. "Why are you crying little girl?" she asked me.

She called me little girl. Who is she?

"Nothing really matter." I answered, gathered all my belonging and put it into my bag and walk away. She is sitting there and watches me going. Who is she?

I texted Lucy telling that I'm going to walk home. I really need to get myself busy so that the thought of her won't even come to my mind. Should I join basketball team? Ha. Ha. Better not. I went to the Starbucks Coffee first to buy some Frap and foods, and then only I walk home. It took me fifteen minutes to reach home by walking. I tossed my bag onto my bed and put on some track suit and take the basketball and headed to the basketball court in our backyard. Yes, we do have basketball court in our backyard, as well as swimming pool. We have music studio and library too in our house. Yeah, we have everything.

I shoot the ball, angrily to the basket. This used to be my favourite pastime, but I haven't done it for such a long time, and I can't remember why. I shoot for couple more, and I headed to the pool, dive into the coldness of the evening, swim through the blueness of the water and mesmerizing by God-creation. I look up into the sky; the sky is turning dark, and water droplet fall, hitting my face and the thunder echoed throughout the universe. I went out of the pool and called for my maid to bring me towel.

JACQUELINE

"Cassie, I'm home." I shouted in front of my empty house. My neighbour might think I am some kind of crazy middle-aged woman who talk to a cat, and doesn't have any friend, but what do I care? I only have one neighbour and she is rarely home. I live in a luxury condominium; there are only two units on each floor and each unit has two-storey; a master bedroom with a shower and Jacuzzi in it and two rooms with shared-bathroom attached in it on the second floor, which I make a mini library in one of the bedroom. Not to forget about the balcony on the second floor, you can catch a view of the city from here. On the first floor, I got a small bedroom, a toilet, two kitchens; dry and wet kitchen, a foyer, where I put my piano and TV and other stuff here.

"Cassie? Where are you, baby?" I said, I shout it out loud. "Cassieeeeeeeee? Puss Puss. Come here, where are you?"

I put my bags on the table and start searching for KC. He always greets me when I'm back from school, he lead me to the fridge, because he knows, there is a lot of fish for him in the fridge, and if I am ignoring him, he will hug my leg until I can barely walk. So, he is not here, not in front of door, and not greeting me, so I try to think the most positive thought in my mind, not wanting him to fall down to the earth from this thirty-sixth floor, I love him so much and I don't want it to be happen to him like my deceased Persian cat.

I called out his name again. "Cassie?"

"Meowww."

"Cassie, where have you been? I search you everywhere." I turn around, his meow came from behind. There he is, walking downstairs, his fur is wet. He stopped in the middle of staircase and start licking his coat.

I go straight to him. "Hey, are you going swimming or something?" I asked him sarcastically, knowing that he wouldn't understand what I am saying and cat afraid of water which is impossible he will go take bath for himself. I went to the cupboard and take a towel to dry him up. "You smell good like ermm blueberry." I looking at him and smelling his fur and then kissing him at his mouth. "You really go shower? Don't you? Wow."

"Meowwwwwwwww." He said and looking into my eyes, intently. I wish I can understand what he is saying. Looks like he is mad at me, but I don't take offence, because no matter how mad he is, he never take out his claws.

"What? You better go dry yourself."

I take a quick shower and put on the bath robe and lying, stretching, and resting on my king-sized bed. Thinking about everything that happen today, about her, about Nasi Goreng Ikan Masin, that's just superbly divine and thinking about her, again.

I sighed.

I take my phone and set my alarm to 7.15pm and went to sleep. It's really tiring and I have bundles of essay to be checked on. O my god.

I wake up when I heard the alarm, heading to the bathroom and strip off, spraying some vanilla body mist to my body and natural spring water to my face and hair to make them look fresh. I pat my cheek to make them look red naturally, and then I walked out of the bathroom, naked, heading to my dresser. I put on a short and a tee, grab my phone and heading downstairs. I saw Cassie licking his coat on the couch.

I sat in front of bundle of essays, holding my red-ink pen, ready to mark the paper but one thing lingered in my mind. It was just, it won't go out of my head, and it stuck there. I started grading the paper, but I felt distracted. I grabbed my phone, stare at her WhatsApp profile.