"I signed the two of us up for sign language classes."

*****

"Welcome to Sign Language 1, I am Mr. Johnson, and I'm delighted to see you here."

Ashlynn and I were sitting in the first day of sign language, and she couldn't sit still.

After I told her I signed us up for classes she practically tackled me in a hug. Her eyes were so bright.

As hard as I tried to focus on what Mr. Johnson was saying about how to do the alphabet, my eyes continually made their was to Ashlynn.

Once Mr. Johnson had checked the letter A on everyone left and right hands we moved through the alphabet.

I personally found the letters T, M, and N confusing because they were basically the same. The letters R and X just made me mad.

Why on earth would you make the letter R look like an X and X look like the letter R?

"It's just wrong." I complained as we were making the trip home after class. Ashlynn seemed to be trying to hold back laughter the entire time.

Walking up to the house I said goodnight to Ashlynn and headed up to my room.

*****

I woke up the next morning just in time to hear Derrick say that I wouldn't be coming to school today because I was feeling sick. The truth was I had yet another surprise for Ashlynn, but this one required a little more preparation.

Hopping out of bed I got changed into a pair of paint covered jeans and an old t-shirt, before heading upstairs.

My mom was already in the studio painting when I got there. It was her idea to paint the quotes on the wall, but I have to admit it was looking amazing.

We had been painting for about three days now, making sure that everything looked perfect. Today was the day we would clean everything up and let the paint fumes out. I would be getting the roses and writing the notes today.

Everything had to be perfect.

The day passed too quickly and before I knew it everyone was dressed up in their respective colors, all holding a rose and a note.

"Everyone knows the plan right? If you have any questions ask them now" everyone stayed silent and I took a breath.

"Okay let's get too it she should be here any minute." With that I took off up the stairs and shut myself in my room. All I could do now was wait.

I must have fallen asleep waiting, only to be woken up by a knock on my door. My mom popped her head in and smiled at me.

"They are on their way home now. They should be here any minute."

Sliding out of bed I pulled on my dress shirt and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Mom, what if she doesn't like it?" I asked her looking down at my feet. My heart was racing so fast. Turning to look at my mom I saw the tears start to build in her eyes.

"Easton, there is no was she couldn't love it. The thing you are doing for her is amazing and she will realize that, I know she will. Now get going they will be here any minute."

With that she left my room, and I sprinted up the stairs and into the room that I was hoping would change everything.

Those next few minutes were the scariest minutes of my life, and that's saying a lot coming from a kid with kidney failure. It felt like an eternity before I heard their steps on the stairs leading up to me.

When my dad and Ashlynn made it to the top of the stairs my heart stopped. She looked so beautiful. My dad gave me a smile and turned to leave the room. Taking Ashlynn's hands in mine I pulled her into the center of the room before turning her around and pulling off her blind fold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys,

I am soooooo sorry for not writing but I was having some serious writers block and wasn't sure what I was going to do next. The good news is, I think I have an idea. Please, please, please, tell me what you think of this chapter. I personally didn't think it was one of my best so tell me how to make it better.

Question: What scares you the most?

I will hopefully have the next few chapters uploaded soon. But soccer tryouts start tomorrow and I'm going to state for band this week so wish me luck.

Comment

Vote

Follow

Share

Love you,

~L3xi

Mute To The Pointe Of Dancingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें