Ch. 29

Nicki's P.O.V

I turned around and found Niall staring at me, with a nice, gentle smile on his face. I walked over to him. I pushed him a little so I could close the door. Once it was closed, his smile dropped and he mumbled something.

"What? I can't hear you."  I whispered

"I.. I... Tomorrow, I'm leaving for England. We need to get ready for our tour." He replied gloomily.

"Well, I guess you'll have to spend the night, so we can spend some time before you leave." I gave a weak smile. I was devastated. 

"That's what I was thinking." He smiled back, "but I need to go do something real quick." And with that, he went downstairs. I wasn't going to follow him, give him some space. Or him giving me some space. I trotted to my room. I changed into this. Then climbed into bed and decided to watch a movie. I turned the t.v on and popped in Titanic. As soon as it was about to start, I paused it. Some hot chocolate, popcorn and Niall would go well with this. I opened the door. As I was going down the stairs, I heard voices. I peeked into the living room and saw Vanessa sitting next to Niall.

"Why are you crying?" She asked. She sounds so cute and innocent.

"I'm with someone and I want to tell her how I feel, but I don't know how to tell her and I'm leaving tomorrow." Niall and I have only been together a few days. {doesn't feel like a few days, huh? my first fanfic, what can I say?} The nurse said that he loved me, but does he? 

"Do you love her?" Vanessa asked.

"Yes, but even though I'm dating her, she might not love me back. Do you understand any of this?" She nodded,

"She must be lucky. Anyway, I have to go back to bed before cousin Nicki finds me." I scurried up to my room before either of them noticed. I know I've only been with him for awhile, but I've fallen hard for him.  Is that wrong? Then, he's leaving. I waited awhile before going out again. When I got out, I saw Vanessa struggling up the stairs. Niall must've heard her because he came up behind her, picked her up and carried her up the stairs. She started giggling. Then, he turned into the room. I quickly stepped down the stairs into the kitchen. I looked through the cabinets till I found the popcorn and hot cocoa packets. I put the popcorn in the microwave and poured the contents of powder in a mug. I poured the milk in a measuring cup. When the microwave went off, I replaced the popcorn with the milk. As I poured the popcorn into a bowl, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. He started placing kisses on my jawline. Then, down my neck. He came up to my ear and whispered seductively,

"Can I have some popcorn?" I giggled.

"I don't  know, can you?" I asked. He replied with,

"Yes, yes I can." The microwave went off. I unwrapped his arms from me.

"Then, help yourself." I crossed over to the machine and pulled the milk out. I poured the milk in the mugs. I glanced over at Niall who was eyeing the hot chocolates suspiciously. "Sorry, these are both for me." I stated. I turned to face Niall, who held a sad look on his face. 

"You can have some," His face lit up, "IF" then his face drooped. "If you watch Titanic with me." Then, he looked at me, 

"I'll be right back." He left the house and came back a minute later in sweats. When he was gone, I took the mugs upstairs and when I came back down, he was back. I walked into the kitchen, grabbed the bowl of popcorn, and walked back to the stairs. I motioned Niall toward the stairs.

When we reached my room, I saw Fluffy, sniffing our mugs. I set the popcorn next to the mugs and scooped him in my arms and plopped onto my bed. Niall came around and sat next to me, asking, 

"How long have you had the cat?" 

"5 years. Right before my dad died." I sadly replied. I grabbed the bowl of popcorn and set it inbetween us. I searched for the remote and played the movie. When it reached the part where Rose was about to undress, Niall exited the room and came back two minutes later, like nothing happened.

"Why'd you leave?" I asked.

"I was expecting someone." He simpled replied.

"Really? C'mon, tell me why you really left." He sighed,

"I didn't want to see Rose naked especially when you're right there.." He trailed off.

"That's sweet Niall, but its a movie. Its ok." I assured him.

"You sure?" He asked. I nodded. "Ok then, can you hand me my hot chocolate?" When I turned, Fluffy jumped off. I set the empty bowl on the nightstand and grabbed his mug, as well as mine. By the time the ship was sinking, our fingers automatically intertwined. I cuddled closer into Niall to the point where he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'll never let go Jack, never." Rose stated while holding onto Jack.

"I'll never let go Nicki. Never." Niall whispered, into my ear. It was the last thing I heard before everything became black.