Ch. 27

{my friend insists that I continue this so, here we go}

Nicki's P.O.V

I groan, hearing the doorbell ring. I don't want to leave Niall's arms. Yet, I must. I wriggle out of his arms and walked to the door. I open it to find a man in about his late twenties and three children. Two girls and one boy.

"Hi Nicki!"

"Hi Uncle Camp." My uncle insists I call him that ever since my dad died.

"Kinsey, Vanessa, Chris." He says, pointing from tallest to shortest. He nudges them inside the house, gives them hugs and kisses, then leaves. My charming Uncle Camp. Funny thing.. he owns a camp, a very corny joke huh? No lie. Kinsey is a blonde with brown eyes, Vanessa is a brunette with blue eyes, and Chris? He has special colored hair. It's dark red with flecks of gold and brown. Not necessarily auburn, more gold than brown. His eyes are grey. I watch Kinsey, who is smoothing her skirt. Vanessa, who is playing with her thumbs. And Chris being the boy he is, is digging for gold.

"Um, I'm Nicki, your cousin. Your aunt isn't here at the moment, but will be shortly." What am I doing? I'm talking to kids, not a client. "So, Kinsey, how old are you?" I asked the blonde child. Bending over to be the same height as her.

"Four! I'll be turning five in November!" She replied eagerly, a big smile on her face.

"Lovely. How old are you Vanessa?" I asked, squatting in front of her. She held up three fingers. "Can you talk?" I don't know if she's shy or she doesn't say a single word, for she's not talking. She nodded her head. "Will you talk?" She shook her head.

"I dared Nessa to not talk for the rest of the day!" Kinsey chimed in.

"Oh." I turned to Chris. "Can you talk?" He nodded his head. "How old are you?"

"Two." Plain and simple, yet flat and rude, was his reply.

"Are any of you hungry?" They all nodded their little heads. "What do you want to eat?" I continued.

"Mac and cheese!" Yelled Kinsey. She's going to be a crazy one.

"Pb and J!" Squealed Chris. Vanessa gave a thumbs up in agreement with Chris. I stood up and lead them to the kitchen. Niall was sitting on a stool at the island, playing on his phone. The rascals