Ch. 2

"Wake up Nicki! Don't want to be late for the first day of second semester!" I opened my eyes and saw my mother looking down at me.

   "5 more minutes!" I mumbled, "I have to go back to sleep."

   "No, you need to go to school!" She kept persisting.

  "But, I need to know the name of my rescuer!" i turned over in bed, hoping that she would leave.

  "NICKI EVE CAMPTON, if you're not out of bed in ten minutes, you're in big trouble!" With that, she left my room. I slumped out of bed and into the bathroom. I stripped out of my clothing, turned the shower on, and hopped in. I stood in the corner of my shower cause the water was too cold. Why do I do this... all the time. I slowly walked into the water. Finally, it's warm. As the warm water trickles down my hair and onto my back, it finally clicks. You know, what my mom said, "first day of second semester," I might meet that mystery man or boy... male, that rescued me. He looked like my age, 18. {I know, "Niall's 19" but i wanted the story to be in the last year, dont judge please} I finished washing my hair and body, then turned the water off and grabbed a couple of towels. I put one around my head and the other around my body. I go into my room and look for something to wear. I chose to wear this. Now, onto hair and make-up. I'm in the middle of curling my hair when my stomach starts grumbling. I hurry and finish doing my hair and pssh! Forget make-up! Natural beauty's best! I run downstairs and smell French toast, eggs, and bacon. As I sit down at the table, my mother places my plate down.

    "Oh, so you actually got up! I was so looking forward to your punishment!" She jokes with me all the time, but I actually think that she wanted to pour ice water on my face as "punishment." "Sweetie, you know that family that moved in next door?" Oh my mother! Don't say it.

    "Well, they have a son your age and he's going to stop by this morning and you're going to walk with him to school. And if needed, be his temporary friend till he makes new friends. You don't have to be friends with him though."

    "But mom! I 've never met him! You expect me to become friends with him and take him to school?!" She's gotta be kidding me! I don't make her take my friends home.... no, wait. "I don't even know his name or what he looks like!"

     "I only expect you to walk with him to school, becoming friends and temporary friends with him is your desicion." Ding-Dong! 'Oh joy, he's here!' I thought sarcastically. I gulped down the rest of my food and gathered my stuff when I find myself on the floor.