Ch. 11

"Well-" The assisant principal's door opened.

     "Nicki Campton?" She looked over at me, "you can come in now." Niall had his eyes wide open, staring at me. I get up and enter her office. She closes and locks the door. She sits down behind her desk.

       "Please, Nicki, have a seat." I cautiously sat down in the chair across from her. "So, what happened this time? Smash a student's face with a textbook? Got to class late? Scream at the teacher? Kicking the teacher? Or do you want to talk about what just happened with Marco?"  Yes. I get in trouble... a lot. I think a little too much for a senior. 

           "No, I just talked back to Mrs. Hernandez and yelled. 5 seconds before the bell rang." I don't like talking about Marco. Plus Mrs. Bernard doesn't mind me injuring him cause she hates him and he's her cousin... three times removed... I think. I don't know. I stood up and went to her mini fridge. "Just, not in that order." I opened it and grabbed a pepsi. "Do you want anything?"

           "Miss Campton. Please sit down, " I looked at her like she was crazy. I sulkly sat down, "you could've at least brought me a coke, geez." I guess I should say that the principal and the assistant principal are my cousins as well. I scoffed, then lazily got up and got her one.

              "I still don't know how I'm related to you Nicki. I'm such a good person and you're not! At least, not at school." She looked at me like she was amazed. I chuckled,

               "Oh May, I've always been a trouble maker. Ever since I ripped your doll when I was 3." I was a strong baby. I handed her the soda and sat down. She opened it, sipped it, then started talking again,

               "Look Nicki, you need to stop being so.. mischievious. It's becoming a habit and then you'll get bad grades. It will go on your permanent record. If you don't stop, I can suspend you. Is that what you really want?" I thought this over,

                "Well, I do need a vacation, but can't you just switch me out of Mrs. Hernandez's class? She always so hard on me. Even my mom asked if she can go a little easier on me. She said 'yes,' but never did!"

                  "Ok, well, if the teacher has any room, I can switch you to Ms. Blue's history class, second period." She started to write something down.

                       "Then, what would my first period be?" Would I actually, finally get music for first period? I'm literally the only student in that room.

                        "Well," May began, " since you have music for second period and it's not provided for first, you'll have to do..." She started looking through some papers, "... you'll do 'sound' for first period." I looked at her like she was crazy. Then I asked, 

                         "Who are in my class?"  She looked at the roster for that class and started saying the names. Sadly, I'll have that class with Marco. Bleh! 

                             "Oh, wait. There have been three new students added to that class." I lifted my eyes to her. I mouthed, "who?"

                               'Do you really want to know?"  I immediately nodded my head yes, "Ok."