Ch. 21

"Hi, I'm Niall. May I ask why that man was chasing you?"

                     "He was some weirdo who wanted me. That's it. I said 'no' and he tried to attack me... with a knife, but I punched him and ran. So he began to chase me."  Well, actually, no. The man was someone's father and was like, "date my son" and I was like, "no you can't make me" then he hit me, so I hit him back and ran. But the eye that wasn't stitched closed looked familiar. Then, everything started to shake.

                    "Nicki, wake up!" But, it was a familiar voice. It was Irish... very comforting. And familiar... like in my dream. I woke up and saw Niall, looking down at me. "Good morning!" He said in a cheery mood. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock. 7:45. Crap! I scrambled out of bed, slipped some random clothes on, and ran out of my room. Niall was after me, yelling,

                      "Nicki! Stop!" Of course, I ignored him. I tripped down the stairs. I was like one of those spies. You know, when they do the somersaults and stand up on their feet? That was me. I got up, snatched my bag, then tripped. I looked up and saw Niall. He bent down and helped me up.

         "Your mom excused you from school. My dad did the same with me. We're not going to school." Apparently, I had a confused look on my face, cause then he said, "your injuries, remember?"

          "Oh.... yea, I don't mean to be rude, but why aren't you going to school?" I asked.

          "Your mom doesn't want you to be alone in case you pass out or something bad happens to you. I thought the same, so I asked my dad to excuse me so I can be here in case something bad happens." I smiled, 

           "Good. I honestly do not have the energy to do so. At least, not anymore." I put my bag back and traveled my way to the kitchen, to find a note from my mom saying:

                            If Niall hasn't told you already, you're not going to school. He didn't tell you that your cousins from Santa Fe will be coming around 4 pm. The younger ones. About 2 and 3 years old. And a 4  year old. Your uncle will be dropping them off. I'll be back by nine. Call me on my cell if you have any questions. Love, mom <3 

              Finally! I get to meet my cousins! I've heard they're adorable! Wait. I grabbed my phone and called my mom.

              "Hello?" She asked.

              "Hey mom. Are you saying that I have to watch them for 5 hours? Like, what am I supposed to do?

             "Once they arrive, take them up to the guest room. The four year old is Kinsey. The three year old is Vanessa. The two year old is Chris. I want you to set up the second bed please. Well, both beds, Kinsey like to have her own bed. Vanessa and Chris don't mind sharing a bed. Don't worry, they all talk and walk. And are all potty-trained."

                 "Mom, you do know that I've nevet baby-sat before?" I never had. My mom was always there.

                   "Just make sure they're occupied and if they're hungry, feed them! You can use the camaro if you want. But, only why they are here. Once they're gone, back to the jeep. Got it?" Ok, I can drive. We have three cars. Camaro, mustang, and a Jeep. The jeep is mine. I love the camaro though!

                   "Ugh fine. Gotta go then. Bye mom. Love ya!"

                   "Love you too Nicki!" She hung up.

Sorry I haven't been updating as regularly as I used to. I keep forgetting to or I'm just not in the mood. But i have to. I write this on paper before I upload it here, and right now, Im on page72...... I'll try to catch up.