Ch. 14

"Marco?" There was no sound, "Marco! I know you're there! Let me out! I have to pee!" Still no answer I saw a phone lying around. I looked at it, turned it on and unlocked it. There was no passcode, of course. It was Marco's. Muahahaha. I called his mother on his phone.  

"Marco, please come home right now."  

"Hi Mrs. Smith. This is Nicki Campton. I do not know where your son is, but I know that he locked me in a room in the school."  

"Oh, hello Nicki. Are you sure Marco did this?" Uh yea! Is he a little angel at home?  

"Yes, Mrs. Smith. Your little Marco grabbed me by my hair, took me down to the basement, and locked me up in one of the sound studios." 

"Thank you Nicki, I'll make sure he gets a talk." I was about to say something, but she hung up. Crap! I've got to find a way out of here. I slide his phone under the door and looked for an escape. Sadly, I don't have Niall's number yet, and my mom's at work. I could call May or Marsha. As I looked around the room, I found an air vent. I stepped on a chair and tried to jiggle it loose. Unconvinently, I couldn't cause of the stupid screws. I gave up on the Mission Impossible. I 'm never going to get out unless Marco unlocks the door. I open my bag. Might as well do my homework. I pull out my math homework. I tried to find a pencil with no luck. So, I get my pencil pouch and open it. To my surprise, it's my nail and make-up pouch. I looked to see if I can find an eyebrow pencil. Which, turns out, I don't own. But I did find nail clippers. The one with a nail file. Yes! I took the file off and got back on the chair. I unscrewed the screws and the vent door came off. Score! I put everything back in my bag and shoved it into the vent. I was army crawling for about five minutes when I hear a voice. I peer through the vent and see Niall on the phone.  

"She said that she'd meet me here." Yea, I was supposed to. "Maybe she forgot. No, she didn't bail out."  

"Psst. Niall!" 

"Gotta go, bye Harry." He hung up and shoved his phone in his pocket and looked around. "Nicki? Where are you?"  

"In the vent." He looked up in the vent. I waved. He chuckled,  

"What are you doing there?"  

"Arriving in style?" I remember what room he was in. Woodshop. "Hey, see if you can find a screwdriver, to unscrew these screws." It took him ten minutes to find one. Once he found one, he came over and unscrewed the vent door. I threw my bag down then, climbed out. I placed my feet on a table below.  

"Need any help?" Niall asked. I nodded my head. I placed my hands on his shoulders and he placed his hands on my waist. "One.. two... three." He carefully lifted me off the table and set me down on the floor.  

"Thanks." I mouthed. Then, I heard someone yell,  

"WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO?!"