Ch. 18

I got dressed in this. I grabbed my stuff and exited the door. I found Niall in the lobby heading to the cafeteria. I grabbed his arm, 

       "No. Let me take you out somewhere. You pick." He turned his head back to the cafeteria. I looked in that direction. I saw everybody. My mom, Alli, Ryan, Ashton, Harry, and Liam. I let go of Niall and started walking towards them. Ashton was the first to notice me, he got up and started running toward me. He engulfed me in a hug. I could hear him sobbing and choking on his words.

       "Calm down, Ashton. I can't understand what you're saying." I said patting his back, trying to calm him down.

        "I thought you were a goner! Don't ever scare me like that!" Wow. He didn't cuss, "you little slut." I guess I spoke too soon. I giggled a watery giggle. Ashton pushed me back at arms length, his hands on my shoulders. He ruffled my hair,

         "Sorry," he sniffed, " I got some tears in your hair." He moved past me and my mom hugged me. She was bawling her eyes out, 

          "Oh Nicki! I'm so glad you're alive!" She managed to get out.

          "Why wouldn't I be mom? I mean, an angel asked me if I wanted to go to heaven or stay. I was going to say 'heaven,' but then I remembered all the people I would lose. Like you." She squeezed me really tight before she let me go. Then, when she moved out of the way, Alli and Ryan hugged me,

         "Why didn't you tell us that Niall was your neighbor?" Cried Ryan.

         "Well, nice to see you too and maybe because you were both absent on the first day of the semester and I was in the hospital for three days."

          "Or that you met Harry and Liam?" Alli added. I just laughed. My directioner friends. After they got off of me and moved, four guys approached me. I only recognized two of them. Harry and Liam. I'm guessing the other two are Louis and Zayn.

        "Hi Nicki, I'm Zayn and this is- " Zayn said, but then cut off by Louis by saying,

        "And I'm Trish." Alli and Ryan laughed.

        "Louis." Zayn finished, gesturing to Louis.

        "Louis Tomlinson. Suffering from idenity crisis from 2010!" Said Alli. Everybody laughed. Especially Louis.

      "So, what are all of you doing here?" I asked. Niall came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

         "Well, Ashton, Alli and I are your friends." Ryan replied first.

        "I'm your mother. Who, by the way, already paid for everything." Stated my mother.

        "¡Gracias, madre." Yea, I know Spanish. Is that a problem? 

        "Well," Liam began," hopefully we're your friends, so we came. Zayn and Louis came cause all five of us had a surprise for you. But you're awake. So, maybe another time." I pondered this, then remembered. I have all those flowers, cards, and teddy bears.

        "Hey! I left all my stuff in the room. Ashton, come with me." I wiggled out of Niall's grasp and grabbed Ashton's arm. Niall stopped me and said, 

           "You know, I can help." I went up to him, place my hand on his shoulder,

          "It's fine. I'll be back before you know it." I kissed his cheek and continued my way back to the room, dragging Ashton behind me. As we were walking down the hall, he stopped walking. I gave him a confused look. He turned around and bent his knees,

          "Hop on." I backed up for a running start. I ran and jumped onto his back. He straightened up and started running to the room. "To infinity...." He started.

          "AND BEYOND!" I finished. We always do this whenever he gives me a piggy back ride. We got to the room and he put me down. Then I started stacking the teddy bears on Ashton. I grabbed the flowers and read through the cards, collected them in one hand and then left the room. The nurse from before was coming down the hall toward us with a bag.

       "Oh!" She said when she saw us, " you came back for it all. Here's a bag." She held the bag open and Ashton dumped all the bears in the bag. I neatly put the cards in and held the flowers. I took the bag from the nurse and we [Ashton and I] started walking back to the cafeteri. Something was tugged from my hand and I saw him running way with it. 

       "Hey Ashton! Give it back!" I ran after him. He ran into the cafeteria and threw the bag at Louis, who handed it to Niall,

      "Ok, is everybody ready?" We all nodded our heads. As we were nearing the lobby, I heard screaming. I look through the glass doors and saw all the girls holding signs. As soon as they saw the boys [One Direction] they went all crazy. Security was brimmed around the door. I looked over at Niall. He could tell that I was frightened and nervous. He came over, grabbed my hand, brought it up to his lips and kissed it.

            "We'll get through this together." He did mean all the crazed fans, but I can't help but think he also meant our relationship.