Ch. 26

Niall's P.O.V

When I turned around, I was expecting Liam, but instead found Marco and Chaz. They did have Liam though. 

"Let him go!" I yelled running over to their spot. Chaz pushed me and I fell. Marco pulled a gun up to Liam's head. We're on school campus and he got away with a gun? How is that possible? 

"Now Niall. If you don't want him to die, dump Nicki so she can be mine." Snapped Marco. 

"How about we do some type of challenge? If I win, you don't kill Liam, I continue dating Nicki, and you leave her, Ashton, Alli, and Ryan alone! Along with Harry and Liam." I snapped back. 

"That's a big offer, bastard. If I win, you have to break up with Nicki and she dates me. When I saw break up, I mean break her heart. Crush her! Make her never want to see you again!" He said. I accepted. Now, the challenge was a mixture of different activities. Track, boxing, and weight lifting. We first started with track. Marco and I headed to the starting place. I stretched really quick.  

"On my mark. Get ready, get set, go!" Chaz counted off. Marco started going really fast as I started jogging. Then, he started to slow down and I sped up. I kept running and running, not matter how much I couldn't breathe or how bad my legs hurt, I have to do this for Nicki. Then, I crossed the finish line and won.  

Next, was weight lifting. It was whoever can lift the most for the longest tome. He won. I think he did wrestling. I could be wrong. Darn you, Marco. Finally, boxing. I know, that'a what Harry does, but I practice with him too! I took my shoes off, slipped the gloves on, and entered the boxing ring. Marco took the first swing. I ducked, punched him square in the face, then kneed him right where it hurts.  

"That'a for my girl." I whispered to myself. Or so I thought. All of a sudden, he kicked my shins and I fell. I jumped back to my feet, ten the real action began. Marco got me in the jaw and the gut, but I got his nose, his gut, all of that. He punched me in the face and, again, I fell to the floor. I looked over and saw Liam. Chaz holding the gun up to his head. Liam gave me a nervous smile and small thumbs up, encouraging me to go on. That's when I remembered our deal. Marco bent down, about to whisper something in my ear, when I punched him in the temple. He passed out, but I continued punching him until I felt satisfied. Which didn't take long. Then, I realized that I won, in a brutal way, but I won. Then, he just woke up, stared at me and asked, 

"You won?" I nodded. We were about to shake hands when out of no where, a 5 pounds weight hit my back. I saw that Chaz threw it. I walked over to him and punched him. I grabbed Liam, and shook Marco's hand.  

"This was fun. Let's never do this again." Then ran out with Liam. I started to stumble as I ran. Liam noticed and draped my arm around his shoulders and helped me run. (Oh yea, I grabbed my shoes, in case any of you random thinkers were wondering) We ran all the way to the woods. I took my phone out and checked the time. Twenty minutes until 4. Gosh. I looked over at Liam, 

"Thanks mate. I'll see you later." I was about to leave, but then someone started hugging. It was Liam. 

"I know this sounds cliché and girly, but thanks for saving me. See ya later." He let go of me and started jogging in the other direction. I started staggering back to Nicki's house. A painful journey. It was probably ten minutes to four when I reached the driveway. 

Then, I heard the door open. I looked up to meet a pair of brown orbs, staring at me. Nicki ran out of the house and wrapped herself around me. As did I. She started bawling her eyes out. 

"Niall! What happened to you?!" She asked, pulling my arm around her shoulders, helping me into the house.  

"I... um... tripped?" Why am I lying? What's a relationship without honesty and trust? She gave me an annoyed look. I sighed, "I went to school, did some challenges and-"  

"What kind of challenges?" She asked, rudely cutting me off. She left and came back with a wet wash cloth, bandages, and a glass of water.  

"The challenges were track, weight lifting, and..." My words trailed. I sat on the couch, staring at my twiddling thumbs while she cleaned my face, searching for any cuts.  

"What? I didn't catch that." I mumbled a random word. "Niall, please speak up. I can't hear you." I took a deep breath, 

"Boxing. I know it's not something I would do. It doesn't fit me."  

"W-Why? Why would you fight? And with who? Don't say Chaz nor Marco." She asked. 

"I challenged Marco because if I didn't, he was going to kill Liam." I replied. 

"Why was he going to kill Liam? What did he do?" I looked up into her watery brown eye. Her brown hair, a little messy from the sleep. Her bottom lip quivering. She was going to cry, again. Right then and there, I trapped her into a hug. "Niall, please tell me." I started stroking her hair. 

"Because he can't have you and he thought killing Liam would make everything better, I guess. If he had won the challenges, I'd have to break up with you and make you date him." She looked up into my eyes."I fought cause I want this relationship to keep going. I want to be the one who spoils you rotten. I want to be the one who calls you in the middle of the night just to tell you that you're beautiful. I want you to be the one who I eat all day with." She started giggling. 

"But most importantly," I stared into her beautiful chocolate eyes, " I want to the the only one who says 'I love you' to you." I decided to close the gap between us and kissed her. Yes, all the cliché and cheesy, sparks, fireworks, it was all there. Then, the door bell rang.