"Well my dad called earlier and I haven't returned his call." I kind of mumbled.

"So why not do it now?" Marcelo asked.

"At 1:30 am?" I asked, trying to make it obvious that it wasn't too smart an idea.

"Well why not?" Marcelo said with a smile. "We're right here if you need us."

I dialed the number and waited. I honestly wasn't expecting anyone to pick up but after 3 rings, I heard a male voice on the other end. I put him on speaker so Marcelo and Sergio would be able to hear.

"Katalina?" He asked.

"Um hey, sorry for calling you so late." I managed to say, not sure how to start this conversation.

"It's fine. I was awake, hoping you'd call. I don't even know how to start this."

"Start what?" I asked.

"Kat, I'm a deadbeat. I don't care how much money I have or where I live or what I drive, I'm a deadbeat cause I left you and your brother. I'm so sorry baby girl. I need to talk to you and explain it all to you. Just give me a chance. You don't need to forgive me but atleast let me explain."

I hesitated to answer but I simply said "when?"

"Wait you're actually agreeing to it?!" He asked, kinda shocked.

"Yes. I want to hear. But I don't know about forgiving you. I just wanna hear what you have to say."

"That's fine with me! What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked.

"I'm going to a dinner fundraiser with Cris."

"Can we go for breakfast then?"

"Sure."

"Starbucks at 9? The one close to the stadium." He asked.

"Yeah I know which one."

"Alright well I'll let you get some sleep. Goodnight baby girl, I love you."

"Yeah bye." And I hung up.

Marcelo and Sergio just stared at me. I don't know why, but I started crying. Tears involuntary came out of my eyes.

"Hey come here." Sergio said, pulling me into his arms, stroking my hair. "Just cry. Let it all out." Before I knew it, I was sobbing. I honestly don't know where that came from. Marcelo was comforting me as well, rubbing my back. Gosh I love these two.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to." Marcelo suggested. I quickly nodded no.

"I have to. The crying's just bottled up feelings. I'm fine." I said finally putting on a smile.

"Atta girl. But if you want one of us to come with you, just ask." Sergio added.

"No it's fine. You all have to get your sleep. But thank you both." I said, hugging them and giving them a peck on the cheek. "I think we should go to sleep though." I was cut off by my phone ringing though.

I looked at my screen and my heart jumped at who it was. "Neymar. 💘⚽️" lit up my screen. "I guess the kid's finally gonna do it." Marcelo said quietly. I was so confused but I just ignored his comment and answered.

"Hello?"

"Um hey Lina. I hope I didn't wake you."

"Actually no you didn't. I was awake."

"Oh good," he said, sounding relieved. "Look I'm not too good at asking people to things like this but I know you'll probably be going to the dinner tomorrow and I know Cristiano won't like it but do you think we could sneak off for a while to get to know each other better? You don't have to!"

"I'd actually really like that." I said.

"Really?!" I take it he was expecting a no.

"Yes really. I'll see you there?"

"Of course. I'll let you get some sleep. Goodnight beautiful." He said, sounding excited.

I couldn't get the stupid smile off of my lips.

"Dammit Neymar. I guess the kid has a little more game than I give him credit for." Marcelo said with a smirk. Sergio just laughed.

I threw pillows at them both. "Go to sleep already! And no one tells Cris about any of this, okayyyyy? I'll tell him myself."

"Deal." They both said.

I finally dozed off into the most peaceful sleep I had gotten in a long time.