Chapter 21: The End

Kam

Lance kneeled down in front of Kerry and said "it's over for you bitch." She laughed once again smiling this smile of satisfaction. It almost seemed like this was her final straw. She attempted to torment us but it only worked for a short period of time. When that didn't work she resorted to kidnapping and possibly killing us. Which ended badly for her.

I stood there and watched the life fade right out of her. Did she have any last words? "Kerry do you have anything to say?" I asked. She grinned and coughed up a little blood. "I don't regret a damn thing you little slut, poor excuse for a human being." I began to cry. Not only because the only sister I had was slowly dying, but because even through all of this she still was being hateful. "Go to hell Kerry" I spat back. She laughed until she couldn't laugh anymore. "I'll see you there dyke." She took one last breath and was gone. I never imaged this was how she would go out. We all stood there gathered around her like it was a campfire looking at her cold, lifeless body. I hate to say it but the world is better off without people like her.

Just then someone knocked at the door. "Police department open up" I heard him say. I peeked out the door cracked it and asked to see their badges. Once they came in and saw Kerry lying dead on the floor they asked "What happened?" He asked as he assessed the situation. No one said anything. We all looked at each other thinking of the story we were going to tell. I guess the cop noticed the uncertainty in our eyes because he reassures us that if we tell we the truth it'll make everything go by more smoothly.

"She's my sister" I said. The shorter cop looked at me and said "and who shot her?" Heaven raised her hand slowly, not proud of what she did. "And whose gun is it?" I pointed at Kerry laying on the floor with blood everywhere. The cops shook their head. "And what happened exactly?" I looked at Lance and he nodded his head. "My sister is crazy. She's been no good for long as I can remember. When my mom died she got sole custody of me. When she found out I was a lesbian she disowned me. Lance was her husband but they got a divorce because of her evil ways." I began to tear up. The police officer told me it was ok so I kept going. "This isn't the first time she's become angry and violent. We had an argument before and I ended up stabbing her. I did a few months in a detention center. Once I got out we moved here and I finished high school then went to college up north. Somehow she found both of us and hired a man to rape us and the girls on our campus. He was caught and told us about her sinister plan. Kerry followed us home where she held us at gun point and when she turned her back I pushed her down. Heaven picked the gun up and pointed it at her. We told her don't move but she reached in her pocket and then was shot. We couldn't take any chances. She's crazy, has been on drugs before and who knows what else. She even hit me before she was shot. That's why my lip is busted"

The cops shook their head and proceeded to handcuff Heaven. They read her her rights and before they put her in the car the taller cop told Lance that if it all turned out how we said she would probably get off on self defense. We watched as they drove off and the sirens sounded. I broke down and cried in Lance's arms. My life has been messed up ever since my mom died. I just wanted to be with her. I thought about running in the house and taking the gun but I thought about Heaven and how sad she would be to lose me. "Come on let's go get your sister out of jail" Lance said sticking his hand out. I grabbed it and walked to the car. Definitely not how I anticipated my life without my mom to be...