Chapter 10: July 9th, 2015

I woke up at 5:30 am in a cold sweat. Another bad dream. Heaven was right beside me sleeping like a baby. She's a really good friend. I tip toe to the bathroom and called Lani.

"Hello?" I hear her say in her sleepy voice. She was so cute.

"Hey babe. Sorry I had a bad dream" I said. I could hear her sheets ruffle as she positioned herself in the bed.

"What was it about?"

As I opened my mouth to answer Kerry came through Heaven's room snatching the phone out my hand. "It's 5:30 in the morning and you're up talking on the phone keeping me awake. Take your ass back to bed" she yelled. I grabbed my phone out her hand and went to my room and began packing my bags. I couldn't take another second with her. "And where you think you're going? To live with your lil dyke girlfriend?" She asked laughing.

Heaven was awake and looking confused. I didn't have any words for her. I calmly walked up to her and punched her in the face. She fell to the ground while her nose began to bleed. I never expected my life to be this stressful. Heaven helped her to her feet and into the bathroom. She mouthed to me to lock the door behind her and to not move. I did as was told and got back in bed. I texted Lani to tell her what happened. The tears were drying up and anger was consuming me.

9:00am

I woke back up to my phone ringing. It was Heaven. I answered and she told me to wash up and come downstairs. I obeyed and when I made it downstairs to the kitchen Kerry was sitting there, face swollen and bruised.

"What happened?" Lance asked. Kerry began to speak but he interrupted. "I'm talking to Kameron." That made me feel good. He was defending me. "I had a bad dream so I called Lani. Kerry came in angry complaining I woke her up. She snatched my phone out my hand and asked me if I was talking to my dyke girlfriend." I explained trying so hard to control my anger. "So I hit her. She's very disrespectful and walks around here like she's perfect. I'm pretty sure you have no idea about the person she used to be." Kerry got this look of nervousness in her eyes like she didn't want her past to come up.

"What is she talking about Kerry?" Lance asked. She shrugged her shoulders playing dumb. Heaven was quiet but very attentive. "Kam what are you talking about?" I opened my mouth to speak and Kerry butted in. "You little bitch you better not." I stood up and smirked. I was going to expose her no good ass. Finally she would be the bad person and not me.

"Our beloved Kerry here used to be addicted to drugs so heavy. She would shoot up every chance she got. Mom kicked her out the house and banned her from every family function until she got clean. It took her missing five of mom's birthdays, five thanksgivings & five christmas' before she got her shit together but not before putting mom through hell. She stole from her, used her, lied to her. Kerry was the worse excuse for a woman. To make matters worse she used to be bisexual. Had all kinds of girlfriends but talks down to me like I'm nobody." I said. Lance's jaw dropped and Heaven looked surprised as hell. "When did she get clean?" Lance asked. I laughed and answered "five months before y'all got married." Lance was in disbelief. How he couldn't tell Kerry was using was beyond me. She wasn't using as much, but never the less she was using. "So much for perfect Kerry huh?! She has more secrets but that's enough for now. I'll let that sink in first." I got up and went to my room. I couldn't stand to look at her face any longer.

=====================================

Comment, like, etc. let me know how you're feeling bout the book so far.