Chapter 14: Thanksgiving Day

Everyone else is up talking and having a good time. Me on the other hand I'm still in the bed holding back tears. It's the first Thanksgiving without my mom and it hurts so bad. To make it worse i don't have Lani here with me. I miss her so much but I know the feelings aren't mutual.

10:30am

"Kam where are you?" I heard Heaven say coming up the stairs. "In here" I answered covering my face with my covers. She sat down beside me and just stared for a few seconds. I couldn't hold the tears back any longer. "I miss her Heaven. Like really really miss her. This is the first time I haven't been with her on thanksgiving." She wrapped her arms around me and rocked me back and forth. Somehow I felt safe in her arms. Her hugs were warm and comforting. After a couple minutes of silence Heaven spoke. "Why don't you get up, take a shower and come downstairs. There's family that would like to meet you. Kids our age and my cousin has her beautiful baby boy with her." I wiped my face and got up. She was right. I couldn't lay in bed all day and feel sorry for myself. I wasn't the only one without a mom today. "Good. When you're done I'll come curl your hair."

11:15am

I was done taking a shower and getting dressed. Heaven, her cousin and best friend came upstairs to fix me up. I looked like I had been crying. My face was puffy and I had little bags under my eyes.

"Kam this is Mikah, one of my best friends" she said winking behind her back. She must be a lesbian or something the way this fool is acting. "Hi nice to meet you. You're gorgeous" she said in this sexy voice. I wasn't expecting any compliments. It definitely made me blush. "Thank you. Nice meeting you too." Heaven stood back and smiled. I flipped her off on the sly and we both laughed. Mikah looked confused but didn't ask what was funny.

"And I'm Krissy, Heaven's cousin" she said sticking her hand out. I smiled and greeted her back. I was feeling better already. The girls sat me down in the chair and Krissy started on my make-up while Heaven did my hair. They really did work their magic. Not that I'm ugly but I looked really pretty today. We took a picture together and I posted it on Instagram.

Once they were done giving me a makeover I went downstairs and met the rest of the family. I met Lance's mom and his aunts, his brother, and some of Heaven's friends. So far the day was going great..that is until my phone rang. Unknown number flashed across the screen. I ignored it but they called back four more times. I answered and didn't recognize their voice.

"Hello?" I answered skeptical.

"Is this Kameron?" They asked.

"Yea! Who is this?" I replied. I hate when someone calls me to ask who I am.

"Don't worry about it. Just know if you don't stay away from my girl I'll kill you!"

I was really confused by now. I don't even talk to anyone and I know it isn't Lani's weak ass girlfriend.

"Who the fuck are you? If you're so bold come find me then bitch!" I yelled into the phone. Heaven and Mikah were looking from a distance. They nodded for me to meet them in the bathroom. "Yo who was that?" Heaven asked. I looked at her and rolled my eyes. "Some bitch telling me to stay away from her girl" I said annoyed. Mikah laughed. "Damn you taking bitches hoes now?" I ignored her because this wasn't a laughing manner. "Girl hush. I don't talk to anyone at all let alone someone's sloppy seconds." Mikah just stared at me not saying a word. "Well we'll figure it out. Start with Lani and Alex. They both moved on to other girls" Heaven said sadness in her eyes. I could tell she missed her but it was for the best that we all went our separate ways.

"Who's Lani? Who's Alex?" Krissy asked looking at both of us. "Our ex's" Heaven responded irritated. "I'll text Alex."

Hey, what's up? You don't have a gf do you?

I sent the message and waited for her to text back.

10pm

It's been a long but eventful day. Heaven's family made me feel welcome and Mikah and Krissy are cool as hell. They're spending the night so we can have a girls night in since I can't go anywhere. We were on our third movie when my phone went off.

Didn't I tell you to stop talking to my gf? Hoe are you dumb?

I became so angry. Why the hell wasn't Alex controlling her little pet? I called the number and they didn't answer so I sent a message back.

Alex control your lil pet before I have to beat her ass.

Mikah was leaning over my shoulder reading our conversation. "Hev your sister is crazy as hell. I wouldn't want to mess with her." She said. I could tell she liked me. She was fine as hell and I wouldn't mind her riding my face. I had to come back to reality and focus on what I was doing. "Girl back up. Making me all uncomfortable and shit." Mikah winked at me and moved back to the bean bag in the middle of Heaven's floor.

"Ok so this is either Alex's actual girlfriend or she changed her number and someone else has it. I'm going to message her on Instagram." I told them.

Before I could bring the app up I received another message that said I'm outside. You still talking that shit? I stood up and went downstairs. "This bitch got me fucked up seriously" I said pacing back and forth. We looked out the window and there was a dark figure standing in the driveway. I opened the door and heard gun shots then Heaven screaming "Kam no!" I dropped to my knees, blood pouring from my stomach. I was shot, my life fading away.