Chapter 9: July 8th, 2015

We're almost home and I'm not looking forward to seeing Kerry. She's going to blow this whole situation up bigger than what it is. Lani gave me a look questioning what I was thinking. I just shook my head. Didn't even want to talk about it.

7pm

Kerry was waiting for us at the door. I saw Lance's car in the driveway and I felt a little better. He was the calm, level headed one while Kerry was the one who had to yell about everything.

"Get your asses in this house" she said as we approached the house. I didn't even get to give Lani a hug or kiss goodbye. "What do you have to say?" Kerry said looking at me. I rolled my eyes. "Not today. I'm tired as hell" I said. I began to walk towards the stairs and she grabbed my arm, pulling me back to the area they were in. I looked her up and down as if she was on drugs or something. "You must of lost your mind putting your hands on me. Don't even grab me like that ever again." This was escalating exactly like I knew it was.

"You live with me now. I don't know what mom let you do but it won't happen in my house. You will not walk around being some little dyke licking and kissing on other females." She really was irritating me throwing that word around. For her to be so grown she really is ignorant and immature. Lance stepped up and pulled her to the side. I tried my best to read his lips but I couldn't. He would say something and Kerry would roll her eyes in disgust. "She will not live in my house if she's going to be some chicks girlfriend. That's nasty and you shouldn't be accepting this at all. Your daughter is one too!" She yelled. That seemed to hit a nerve. "This isn't about my daughter and quite frankly it's not about your sister either." By this time he's yelling. "It's about you being an ignorant ass homophobic person. That's your blood and she needs you more than anything right now. Her mom is gone Kerry. You're the only family she has left. Start acting like it." He looked mad, very mad actually. Tears began to fall down my face. I couldn't take it. I missed my mom so much.