Chapter 19: Revenge

"No! Stop! Let me go!" I heard a girl scream. I was alone, but couldn't let them struggle without trying to help. I cut the corner and it was the same man who had attacked Heaven and Em. I ran up behind him and hit him in the head. That took his attention off of the girl and onto me. He looked angry and like he wanted to kill me. I became afraid for the both of us.

He wrapped his hands around my neck and started to choke me. When I fought back he punched me in the eye and choked me harder. I closed my eyes and awaited my death. This couldn't be any worse than being shot.

"Leave her alone!" The unknown girl said. He then fell to the ground and began shaking. She had a taser and got him good. I saved her life and she saved mine.

I gathered myself and brought my breathing back to normal. We had to keep this guy here long enough for the campus police to get him.

"Taser him again!" I told her. She looked at me like I was crazy but he was coming to and we needed to limit his movement. She tasered him again and he curled up like an infant. I called campus police and they were there within 2 minutes.

They handcuffed the man and brought him to the office and waited on the city police to pick him up. I couldn't help but wonder who that man was and why he just all of a sudden popped up on our campus.

**********

A few hours later I got a phone call. The police wanted me to come down to the station. They said they had information on who the guy was, but needed Em and Heaven to identify him first.

5:30pm

We were escorted into the police station and explained that we could see him but he couldn't see us. To me that made no difference because he knows who he attacked unless there were others that hadn't come forward yet.

Em went first and she positively identified him. Heaven went next and identified him as well. They took him back to lock up and brought us to one of their offices.

"Does the name Michael ring a bell?" The officer asked. All of our faces scrunched up in confusion. We didn't know anybody named Michael.

He pulled out a picture of the guy from five years ago. He had been in and out of the system for petty stuff like stealing clothes and cars. He never did anything to this extreme or killed anyone.

I took a long hard look at the picture. He looked familiar. I thought some more and realized he was my sister's ex boyfriend from her drug using days. He was the one who got her hooked. I had no idea they still kept in contact.

"I know him!" I said in disbelief.

Why was he at my school? How did he know where we went to school? Why was he attacking females at my school?

These were all questions I needed answers to. The police officer asked me how I knew him and I told him he used to date my sister. We waited for a few minutes while he tried to contact Kerry. They got no answer.

"Was she trying to get revenge on me for stabbing her or breaking up her marriage?" I asked Heaven. She shrugged her shoulders being lost for words.

***********

It is now 7 o'clock and we are still at the station. They are still interrogating Michael and aren't getting anywhere. He told them that he would only talk if he could see me. They said I could speak to him only if I let a police officer accompany me.

"Hey Michael. Remember me?"

He looked at me for a few seconds then smiled. It was the creepiest smile I have ever seen. He leaned in real close and said "damn I should have gone after you if I knew how pretty you've become. I knew she had a sister but she didn't tell me you were this fine. Wonder why she didn't tell me about you."

The word she lingered around. She? Who the hell is she?

"She? Who is she? Is it my sister?" I said trying to stay calm.

He smiled again, but this time it wasn't creepy. It was a smile of satisfaction. Like he had me right where he wanted me. To be mad at her instead of him.

"Yea your sister is a real bitch ya know. She stalked Heaven and sold her out to me. She knows how much I love young, sexy girls. She told me to hurt her and the people closest to her. I didn't want to kill anyone so instead I decided to make a move on that sweet body she has."

I was beyond infuriated and disgusted. How could my own sister do this? This wasn't about me. It had to be about Lance.

"Why did she do it?"

Michael looked at me and simply said "Revenge." I knew exactly what he meant too. "Revenge on Lance? Hurt his daughter, you hurt him?" He shook his head for confirmation. I stood up to walk out the room. Before I left I turned around and told Michael that he needed serious help. To think it was ok to assault a young woman at least 10 years younger than you is just sick.

As I walked back into the room Heaven looked at me with wondering eyes. "Did he talk?" I nodded my head yes. I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell her or not.

"What did he say? Kam tell me now!" She said reading my facial expression.

I sat down beside her and held her hands, took a deep breath and spit it out. "He said that my sister told him to do it. She's seeking revenge on Lance. Hurt you means hurting him."

She broke down and cried. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She rushed out of the police station and to the car.

If Kerry knew where we went to school then she had to know where we lived. Would she hurt Lance or find another way to get back at him. I need to call him right away. I thought to myself.

I dialed his number and it rang three times before he answered.

"Hello?" He said into the phone. The sound was muffled and I could barely hear him. The call was going in and out. I tried to explain to him what was going on, but it became very staticky. I heard Lance scream then the call dropped. I tried calling back but it went straight to voicemail.

What if Kerry had already gotten to him and was about to hurt him or worse kill him? I needed to get back home immediately.

******************

How are you liking it so far? Good? Bad? What do I need to change? I would really appreciate if you guys would comment and leave me updates on how I'm doing.