Chapter 20: I'll Kill You

"We have to get home now!" I screamed packing my bags. I had to get to Lance to see how he was doing. Heaven was frantically packing her clothes trying her best not to cry. Her hands were shaking and she looked like she was going to be sick to the stomach. "Sis, it'll be ok. He'll be ok!" I tried to reassure her. She didn't stop what she was doing, instead she sped up the process.

It's 9pm and we bought a bus ticket back home. We boarded the bus and sat there in silence. I looked out the window as the bus took off. Couldn't help but think what if something happened to him. I tried calling Lance again. He answered on the first ring. "Hello?" The connection was much clearer. He didn't sound in distress or under pressure. "Are you ok?" I asked holding back the tears. He said he was and wanted to know what was wrong. Guess he could sense the worry in my voice.

"Lance, Kerry is after us. She sent her ex boyfriend to our school to harass and rape us. He attempted to rape Heaven but wasn't successful." I couldn't even finish telling him what was going on before he interrupted and said "Michael?" How he knew it was him, I'm not sure, but his name rolled off his tongue with ease. "Yes, Michael!" I could hear him fumbling with something in the background then he said "Where you guys?" I told him we were on the bus home. Lance said that he would meet us there. He was on set for a new web series for his friend, but would put it on hold. "I'll see you there!" He said then hung up. I slid my phone back in my pocket and closed my eyes. We had four hours to go.

12am

We made it back, caught a cab and  waited for Lance to show up. The house was dark, like he hadn't been here in a few weeks. I automatically went to my room, and it was how I left it. I went to the bathroom to run myself a hot shower. Heaven sat on my bed waiting for me to come out. I could tell she was scared and didn't want to be alone. How could I blame her though.

Heaven

Kam was in the shower for about ten minutes when I heard the door open. The alarm beeped alarming us that the front door had been opened. I heard footsteps downstairs so I ran into the bathroom with Kam. She gave me a look of confusion as she stood there completely naked. "There's someone downstairs" I whispered. She got out, dried off and slid on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. "I don't think it's Lance. I texted him and he said he was about twenty minutes away." Kam gave me a worried look. We didn't know what to do. "Let's go lock the bedroom doors!" I agreed and walked to her door when Kerry stood there face to face with me smiling uncontrollably. "How nice to see you again. You thought you could run, but you surely can't hide."

I screamed to the top of my lungs. She slapped me across the face and told me to shut up. Kam came running in. "Sis what's wrong?" She asked stopping dead in her tracks when she saw Kerry. "What the hell are you doing here?" She asked. I could tell her temper was rising, and fast.

Kerry took a step towards me and I took one backwards. We took turns until I was backed up against the wall. She pulled out a gun and pointed it to me. "Come on let's go" she said. I was scared that she would killed me so I did what she said. Kam was no where to be found. Was she abandoning me? We almost got to the front door and I heard Kam say "let her go or this time I'll kill you." Kerry burst out into laughter. I didn't see anything funny. Kam had this look of crazy in her eyes that I've never seen before.

Kerry let go of me and started walking towards Kam. She squared up and prepared to fight Kerry one on one. Once again she laughed finding amusement in the situation. She put her gun in the back of her pants and squared up too. Neither of them swung just stood there staring at each other.

Kerry finally swung first but Kam ducked coming back with a strong right hook. She stumbled for a quick second then swung again connecting her fist with Kam's lip. I couldn't stand back and watch this. I ran and knocked Kerry down from behind. She fell flat on her face. I grabbed the gun and pointed it at her. "Don't move or I'll shoot you!" Again she laughed. This woman must have a death wish or something. She reached in her pocket and I shot her. She wasn't dead but the way she cried I'm sure she wish she was.

Just then Lance walked in and soaked it all up. He was in disbelief and shock. Kerry sat on his floor bleeding profusely from her chest. He called 911 then kneeled down in front of her. "It's over for you bitch!"