29

( Zoe )

I jumped up when I heard 4 alarms going off playing different songs. Everybody else jumped up too.

Me: Somebody turn those off , I'm sleeping here.

I rolled over on somebody and opened a eye. I saw Kodie , London and Niyah in my bed. I mean the bed was pretty huge so like yeah.

I rolled over on top of London through. I shrugged and continued to lay there.

Niyah: Get up yall. If we can go ahead and hit the road we can all set maps on our phone and take turns driving so we all can get some more sleep.

I groaned and got up but tripped over a bag and fell.

Me: Ow.

Somebody picked me up and placed me on the bed. I sighed and yawned running my eyes and stretching my back.

Me: Hmm.

I had only slept with a T Shirt and track and field shorts. I slipped on some flip flops.

Me: I'll shower once we get there.

London: Let's hit the gas station.

We grabbed our bags. It was a bunch of them too. Everybody had at least had 4.

Me: We are gonna stop by McDonald's too so I can get a coffee so I'll be the first to drive.

Kodie: Alright.

We silently went downstairs and saw mom on the couch watching tv.

Me: Why are you up mom.

Mom: To make sure you guys we're up one , two I had to see the gang before they leave , three I have to talk to you before you leave.

Me: Okay. We'll be back.

Mom: The doors are already unlocked and the keys in the ignition.

Me: Okay.

We went in the garage and London popped the trunk. We put the bags in with some blankets and pillows. We went back in and mom motioned us to sit down.

Mom: Now , here is the address  and keys to your house while yall are down there.

Niyah took it and stuffed it in her pocket.

London: Shit , I'm gonna get everybody's phones from upstairs and make sure we didn't forget any bags.

Me: Okay.

Kodie: I'll go with you.

London: Alright.

Niyah came and stood beside me.

Me: Alright mom.

Mom: You know Cloes going to miss you.

Me: I'll be right back.

I went upstairs and in my room. London and Kodie was talking on the bed. They looked up when I came in. I went over to my jewelry. I picked up a 48 karat bracket that I was gonna give to Cloe. I grabbed a sticky note and started writing:

Hey ugly ! By the time you read this , I'm gone be gone and on the road . Just know I love your crazy self and imma miss you , Kay? Kay. - Zo xxx

I grabbed the bracelet and sticky note and went in her room. She was sleeping so I put the bracelet and sticky ore beside her phone that she checks as soon as she wakes up. I looked at her and kissed her cheek. I walked out and back downstairs.

Me: Okay , like I was saying. I'll miss her too , but I really don't want to be babysitting for spring break , yeah I know she's a country girl too but I'll still have to keep an eye on her and I don't wanna do that mom. I just wanna go down there and have no responsibilities.

Mom: No responsibilities!? Are you kidding me!?

Me: No and please stop yelling mom. It's 5 in the morning.

Mom: Zoe I'll be damned if you go down there and don't have an responsibilities. Truth be told I don't even want you going but since it's your spring break I decided to be nice.

Me: Mom , why don't you want me going down there?

Mom: Because I don't want you seeing your grandma Julie. I don't even want you to see any of your dads side of the family!

Me: Wow. I never though you were this selfish. Bottom line is I'm going to see Grandma Julie and Uncle Barry and all my other family members and I'll see you in 3 weeks. Let's go Kodie and London!

They came down the steps as I went back in the garage. Niyah sat shot gun as Kodie and London sat in the back. I started the engine still mad about what mom said. Like how can you say you don't want me meeting any of my family. I backed out and sped off.

London: Um your kinda going a bit fast.

Me: I'm very mad right now.

London: Hm. Here are our phones and chargers that we forgot.

She handed out the phones and I put mine in the cup holder and mumbled a thanks.

Kodie: What happened?

Me: She said she doesn't even want me going but since it's my spring break she decided to be nice and let me go and then she said she doesn't even want me to see my grandma and the rest of my dads side of the family. I can't believe she would even be that selfish.

London: Wow. That's messed up.

Me: Right.

I parked in front of Walmart and everybody got out. We went in. I pushed the cart.

Me: Let's start with the snacks first.

We went down the snack aisle and we started grabbing chips , crackers , gummy's and protein energy bars. Well actually , I'm the one who put 2 boxes of those in there. They give me energy to stay awake in classes so I'll be able to stay awake while driving.

We grabbed some drinks and candy and checked out. We put everything in the back and I drove off. McDonald's was about 10 minutes from Walmart.

Me: You guys gonna get anything from McDonalds?

Silence.

Me: Do you guys hear me?

Silence again.

I looked in the rear view mirror and saw Kodie and London knocked out. I looked beside me and saw Niyah sleep with her beats on her head. I smiled and drove through the drive through.

Man: Welcome to McDonalds , may I take your order.

Me: Uh yes. Can I get 1 Egg , Cheese and Bacon Biscuit with a coffee with extra sugar.

Man: Is that all?

Me: Yes.

Man: Your total is $ 6.64.

Me: Thank you.

I drove up and got my drink. I pulled off but stopped at the exit. I grabbed my phone and hooked it to the aux. I turned on my music. Rihanna - Bitch Better Have My Money was playing.

I pulled off and cut on the heat since it was freezing. I pulled up to the gas station and pumped. Yada yada yada. I got on the highway and listened to the music while sipping on my coffee.

-  -  -  - 
Ch. 29

COMMENTS PLEASE

VOTES PLEASE

Everybody in the MM

Sorry for any mistakes