22

( Niyah )

Everybody was in detention. Zoe was sleeping on Kodie's chest , Kodie was on her phone and London and I were talking.

Me: So London.

London: Yeah?

Me: I know this isn't the right time or place , but will you be my girlfriend?

I looked down scared of her reaction. I heard light shuffling and then I felt fingers on my chin and looked up. She was smiling and leaning across the table.

London: You promise not to hurt me?

Me: Of course.

London: Say it.

Me: I promise I won't hurt you.

She connected our lips and the bell rang. I groaned and she laughed and pulled away. We went over to Kodie and Zoe.

Me: Wake up loser.

She flipped me off and snuggled closer to Kodie. Kodie picked her up and I grabbed Zoe's book bag and London grabbed Kodie's. We went out and walked out the school.

Kodie: She heavy.

Zoe hit her in the back of the head making us laugh.

London: Oh! What happened with the principal?

Zoe: Well , I told him if he suspends any one of us , then his job is gone be gone.

Me: Is he gonna call any bodies home?

Zoe: Nah. I got that covered.

Me: Damn. I hope everybody can go. Being away from the city life , sounds kinda good.

London: Trust me , it's fun as hell there.

Zoe: Then every Friday we have like a bonfire and sing songs around it with the guitar.

Me: You play guitar?

Zoe: Yeah. It's very easy.

London: Liar. I broke the strings trying play.

I laughed.

Me: You suck.

She laughed and slapped my shoulder. We exited the building and Zoe jumped down from Kodie and I handed her book bag to her.

Zoe: Thanks. I gotta go. My dads here. But yall remember when I said I got that covered?

Kodie: Yeah.

She opened her book bag and took out a school phone. We started laughing hard as hell.

London: Dude. How you do that hand cuffed?

Zoe: Don't worry bout it.

We laughed again.

Zoe: Okay bye yall.

Us: Bye.

She kissed Kodie and hugged us and ran off to a Range Rover. She got in and it pulled off. We got in and I sat in the front and London was in the back.

London: Ugh , I really hope everyone can go. I really wanna go back down. It was so fun.

Me: What did yall do?

London: Horse back riding , mudding , played some games , went fishing , 4 wheeling , dancing and camping , worked on the farm a bit and got into a few fights of course and many other things.

Me: Damn. That kinda sound fun.

Kodie: Right.

London: Spring break needs to hurry the hell up.