Chapter Eighteen

Lexi's POV

I woke up the next morning with Shawn's arm wrapped tightly around my waste. I tried to get out of his grip to go to the bathroom but he wouldn't budge.

"Shawn" I said poking his cheek.

"Yes?"

"Let me go"

"Nooooo"

"Yes I have to take a shower"

"Can I join you?"

"No!" I was shocked he said that.

"Why is isn't anything I haven't see before" he was referring to when I dropped my towel but I still blushed at his comment. I honestly wouldn't mind if he joined but we're just best friends.

"Get ready Shawn. We're gonna go to the beach"

I went and got in the shower when I got out I put my bathing suit on with some high waisted shorts and a crop top over it. I just left my hair natural with no makeup.

When I walked out the bathroom Shawn was in his swim trunks with a white tee shirt on.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah"

We walked out the room and went to the lobby. We didn't tell the others where we were going because we wanted to be alone today.

When we got to the beach Shawn went to the water and I laid down to tan. I was laying down when my sunshine disappeared. I opened my eyes to see Shawn leaning over me blocking the sun.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He didn't answer he just smiled then bent down and picked me up.

"SHAWN PUT ME DOWN!" All he did was laugh and keep going to the water.

"SHAWN PETER RAUL MENDES PUT ME DOWN OR YOU GET NO MUFFINS!"

Next thing I now I was in the water. I came up and I wasn't really mad but I decided to act like it. I got out the water and walked straight past Shawn and went to our towels and laid down.

"Lexi I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry bagel girl"

"Babe I'm sorry"

Babe? When did he start calling me babe? Not that I'm complaining. Its just does he mean it in a friend way or more than a friend?

"Come on princess answer me"

"I'll buy you a bagel"

"I'll take you to California"

"Shut up" I said.

"YOU ANSWERED ME!!"

"I wasn't mad"

"You weren't?"

"Nope. It's called acting"

"You're a good actor"

We laid there and tanned then we decided to leave. When we got to the hotel its was 5 o'clock.

"Hey Lexi I'm taking you to dinner at 6:30"

"Ok I'm gonna go get ready"

"Ok"

"Wait, Shawn. How do I dress?"

"Casual"

I went and got in the shower. When I got out I put on a skirt and a crop top that says 'Chill' with a matching scarf. For my shoes I wore my white converse and for makeup I just put eyeliner and mascara. I just straightened my hair.

When I was done I walked out and Shawn was ready. He was wearing black pants with a red and black flannel and his black vans.

"You look beautiful"

"Thank you. You don't look to bad yourself Muffin Boy"

We went to the lobby and had to get a cab. On the way there me and Shawn just talked. When we arrived at our destination it was a semi fancy restaurant. Not to fancy but not to casual.

We went inside and got seated. Shawn ordered a steak while I just order a salad. While we ate we made small talk.
When we got done we left. Instead of getting a cab Shawn wanted to walk back.

We were only like 3 minutes from the hotel. On the way back there's this park that's like a block away from the hotel and Shawn decided to stop there. We sat on the bench in silence until he spoke up.

"Lexi?"

"Yes?"

"You're the most amazing best friend anyone could ever ask for. I'm so glad I texted the wrong number. If I hadn't I wouldn't be sitting here with the most beautiful girl ever. I remember when we first meet. You came to the concert and you told me who you were and I immediately hugged you. The first time I saw you face to face I was like wow she's even more beautiful in person. I just want you to know that I love you so much Alexis Ann Taylor. So what I'm trying to get at is will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course" he leaned in and kissed me and I swear it was like the Fourth of July. It wasn't a 'spark' like most people say. It was full on fireworks.

"I'm so glad you said yes"

"Me to"

We went back to the hotel and I couldn't stop smiling.

'@ShawnMendes: Best day ever'

I faved and retweeted.

'@AlexisTaylor: Today was a great day. Goodnight loves💞'

******
Word Count: 817