Let's Go Home, Mira

Eladriel POV

Laxus has found his true love and I've seen enough proofs of that. it's almost time for me to go coz in just 30 more seconds, my one hour time will end. I won't let it end like this... I'll use what I have left to save Laxus.

Laxus POV

So much had happened today, so much that Mira is now half asleep. Hmm... What's going on? My body starts glowing bright yellow.

" Laxus, what's happening to you? " Mira's now fully awake.

" I'm not sure, but I can feel myself shrinking back to normal. "

One by one, my dragonic features slowly disappear and I am finally myself again, the handsome and attractive man that I was. Mirajane is ecstatic to see me again and she quickly jumps on me, we both fall on the sand laughing.

" Welcome back, Laxus! " She cries tears of happiness, dripping on my face.

" Yeah, It's good to be back. "

I notice a tiny yellow round object on the sand that starts to glow and float in midair. Yep, that's my lacrima, alright.

" Eladriel! Can you still hear me!? " I and Mira close in our distance between the lacrima.

" Yes I can. It's good to be able to see you both from my own point of view. " The lacrima answers back.

Mira introduces herself to Eladriel, " I am Mira, it's nice to meet you. "

" Mira, I've also been watching you all this time. Thanks for taking good care of Laxus.  "

" Eladriel, you lied to me again didn't you? " I question.

" Yes I did, the truth is, in one hour duration you were able to call forth my power as your own. But I certainly didn't lie about you losing your dragon slayer power. "

It's true... I can no longer utilize them no matter how hard I try.

" You've passed my test, Laxus. "

" Huh? Why do you always have to make stuffs sound complicated? What are you trying to say? "

" Lightning Dragon slayer power has a greater potential far from what you've achieved now, Laxus. Such power must not fall to the hands of the unruly. I was testing your worthiness and you had passed. True power comes from protecting those you love. "

I cock an eyebrow and reply, " Yeah, but I just lost that power. "

" Fret not, Laxus. I shall now use my remaining life force to return my power to you and create antibodies to prevent dragonification from ever happening again. "

" So this is really goodbye, huh? "

" Yes, my friend. "

I walk closer and grab the lacrima with both hands and pull it close to my chest.

" Eladriel, I want you to know this. I take back my word about you being my curse, I hereby declare you as one of my closest friend. "

" Laxus... I am touched to hear that. Thank you... I won't ever forget this kindness you showed me. You've truly grown into a wonderful man. "

" I shall also forever treasure our precious memories. Now rest in peace... my friend. " I let go of the shining yellow lacrima.

The lacrima shatters and for a second, I and Mira can see Eladriel spirit shining brighter than the sunset. He anoints me with magical power and vanish, I can no longer sense his presence. In my life never have I experienced such grief from losing a friend. Mira does her best comforting me as she wipes away my tears.