This Is Goodbye, Laxus

Mira POV

This is a dilemma. Certainly I wouldn't want either Laxus or Lisanna to get hurt because of my decision. But the fiery looks on the crowd tell me that they are seriously going to hurt someone. I sure hope that Arcadios would listen to my reasoning.

" Arcadios , listen to me. Laxus isn't a danger to humanity. Please give us more time to find a cure. " I kneel down and beg in front the cavern mouth.

Arcadios seems to be willing to compromise with me. He raises up his hand to cease the crowd rumbling. Then he finally talks to me.

" That depends on Laxus' evolution stages, lady. We came he under the King's authority to benchmark his stages with that of Cobra's. We shall secure him in a cell and only execute him after the last symptoms is realized. "

" What is this last symptom you spoke of, sir? "

" Dragon tail! Cobra went berserk immediately after growing a dragon tail! Just hurry up and bring him out or this lady shall pay the price!" Arcadios furiously answers.

Well, Laxus certainly is tailless, but they will still insist on taking him away. Oh what should I do now? And Lisanna...

" Mira, don't worry about me..... " Lisanna's being typical.

" That's enough! I won't take this lying down anymore! " A familiar voice echoes through the cavern

A rapid yellow bolt charges out to strike down Arcadios. That is definitely Laxus in his lightning body mode. He then grabs Lisanna and flashes back to my side.

The crowd has become restless and for some reason, Arcadios seems perplexed as he recovers and points his finger toward Laxus.

" Those are dragon horns! "

" Yeah, what about it? " Laxus sarcastically asks half-bored.

" Those dragon horns were Cobra's semi final symptom. It's the last preceding symptom! "

  Arcadios seems frightened, so are the crowd. But little did they know that things are going to get out of control soon.

 Laxus suddenly kneels down on the floor excruciating in pain, bright yellow magic circle forming under him.

" Laxus, what's wrong!? " I and Lisanna ask in unison and enter the magic circle.

" Mira, Lisanna, get away from me now! I can feel my consciousness being sucked away from me! " He then screams in pain as a large pointy tail rushes out and reaps out the center of his pants.

" No Laxus, we're staying here to help you! " I hug his body and won't let go, so does Lisanna.

" My sister is right, Laxus. That's what friends are for. We laugh together and support each others' burden. "

Laxus returns us a smile and pull us close to his arms.

" I am grateful to have friends like you guys. "

 The light subsides and Laxus passes out in an instant.

Laxus POV

A voice in my head whispers to me, " Laxus, don't give in! Find in yourself the will to live on! "

Was that Eladriel speaking to me? Why would he care about what's going to happen to me anyway?

" Hey old geezer, didn't you tell that you wanted to be set free? "

" Yes, I'll come clean with you now, Laxus. Dragonification is a battle between the host's and the dragon's will. Whoever has the stronger will to live, will win over the other's consciousness. As you know, Zyklon had won the battle against Cobra's will to live. "

" So what's going to happen to you if I win, Eldariel? "

" Then I and the lacrima are going to disappear within an hour, alongside with your lightning dragon slayer power. Though if by any chance you'd surrender to me during that 1 hour, then I will take you over. "

" Huh, in that case get ready to vanish coz there ain't no way I'd lose to you! "

" I am happy to see that burning determination. This is goodbye, Laxus..... It's been fun watching you grow..... I can finally rest in peace now....."

" What!? You're just gonna surrender without a fight? 

Then it suddenly becomes crystal clear to me.

" I see.... you never intended to take me over in the first didn't you? "

" That's right. I've lived far too long, and by being set free I wish to be the one to vanish away. All this time I've grown to like you, Laxus.  After all, you're the only closest friend I can ever have. "

I feel like I can now relate to Eladriel's pain and loneliness this whole time. How sad it must be for him to be confined in solitude for so long, and I feel bad for not being able to comfort him. All this time I've considered him as nothing... nothing more than just a curse.

" Thanks, Eladriel. I won't forget your kindness. "

Eladriel was about to leave me for good, but for some reason he reappears in my head and sounds more serious then ever.

" Laxus! I am sensing great evil coming this way! You need to wake up, NOW! "

Finally the voice fades out and I am now wide awake. I look around and notice Mira and Lisanna jumping around in joy. 

" What's gotten into you two jumping around at a time like this? " I ask in frustration.

" How can we not, Laxus!? You're back to normal now! Your dragonification is no more! " Mira exclaims excitedly.

" That's right Laxus, and by the way, the townsfolk gave us a pair of pants for you as a token of their apology. Mira helped you get changed while you were unconscious. " said Lisanna.

" Lisanna! Don't tell him that! " Mira looks away blushing.

I look around myself and can't help but smile. It's true, I am normal now. So does this mean that it's finally over? Am I now officially allowed to start over my life with Mira? But Eladriel's last word really bothers me. What is this evil he was referring to?

Arcadios and the crowd are still lingering around the coast. That is until a gigantic purple living creature is spotted charging down fast from the clear blue sky.

DRAGON!!! Everyone, run for your lives! " Arcadios yells as the crowd spreads in panic.

" This can't be happening! Why is Zyklon here!? " Mira cowers in fear as Zyklon lands and roars to boast his might and presence.

To be continued.....

It's almost the end of the story guys ^_^. See you on the next chapter.