The Final Battle

Laxus POV

The formidable purple dragon has successfully instilled fear in everyone. His constant bawling makes the crowd go irrational, including my beloved Mirajane. She is cowering in fear and her body won't stop shaking from head to toe. The unwanted memory back at the castle dungeon must be haunting her back. So I crouch down in front of her and begin shaking her shoulders with my hands.

" Mira, look at me! We need to get moving, now! "

" Laxus! Behind you! " Lisanna warns me.

A poison dragon roar is heading our way, melting the authentic cavern behind us in an instant. Luckily, I had flashed both Mira and Lisanna out of the way just in time, a little latter and we would surely be dead by now. The loud blast manages to bring Mira back to reality.

" I am okay now, Laxus. Thanks for saving me. "

" Good. Now let us fight and end this once and for all. Are you with me!? "

" We're not going to be escaping!? " Lisanna startled by my determination to fight.

Mira gives her a smile of assurance and nods at me.

" Lisanna, we are tired of running away from our problem. Now's the time to stand strong and face it with our head straight. We are going to hold Zyklon off while you help evacuate the citizen of Fiore. "

" Copy that, Sis. We'll rendezvous back at Crocus. Just promise not to get yourselves killed! " With that, Lisanna takes off to the West forest.

The crowd is frantically retreating through the West forest. Arcadios and the Holy Knights of Fiore are stationed near the entrance forest to ensure their safety.

Arcadios commands his units, " The safety of the citizen is our main priority! Take down the dragon with Flaming Arrows! " 

A barrage of fire arrows is sent flying toward Zyklon, only to rust away as it touches his body. This manages to pick up Zyklon's interest and he turns his attention away from me and Mira to where the arrows were coming from.

" YOU PUNY HUMANS DARE TO CHALLENGE ME, THE FUTURE KING OF DRAGONS!? KNOW YOUR PLACE! " Zyklon's angry voice echoes throughout the coast as he prepares another round of poison dragon roar.

The roar is so powerful that it creates a compelling shock wave. I hold a strong grip on Mira's hand as we witness the Western Forest getting divided into two, forming a long deep vertical crater of poison.

" Lisanna! " Mira reaches out her hand as she screams.

" Have faith in her, Mira. She's stronger than she looks. "

The shock wave has knocked Arcadios unconscious and the holy knights are quick to chicken out. The 3 of us are the only ones left on this sandy coast. I let go of Mira's hand and step up to confront Zyklon.

" Zyklon, what brings you here!? "

Zyklon stares at me with eyes filled with murderous intention and reply, " I can hear it... I can clearly hear it now! I can hear Eladriel awakening calling out to me! Laxus, where is he!!!? "

I give him an annoying smirk on my and state out, " Eladriel's gone, along with my dragonification. It's really too bad for you, old guy. "

Mirajane finally has an idea who Eladriel is. She then also steps up to stand beside me.

" Zyklon, why are you after Laxus's dragon? " Mira demands an answer.

" Isn't it obvious, humans!? I strive to be the King of the Dragons and I need to fight Eladriel to test out my limit! I'll force him out of you if I have to, and once I am done with Eladriel, Acnologia will be next line!  " Zyklon looks furious.

Zyklon charges in with a poison dragon fang. This time we both side step to the same direction toward the coastline. The attack is immediately chained with a poison dragon roar, but Mira manages to transform to Satan Soul and deflect away the poison to the sea. Dead fish body floats out the polluted water body.

" Laxus, we only have 1 option to win this fight! "

" You have a strategy in mind? "

" Yeah, it's a do or die strategy, we are going to attempt the UNISON RAID! "

For a second, I start to second guess myself. Unison raid is a combination attack that can only be performed by two people having a strong bond and compatible magic. Is my magic even compatible with Mira's. No...more importantly, have I achieved a strong bond with Mira by now?

" We can do it, I know of one lightning spell, my Evil Spark! " She gives me a smile of assurance and moves behind me to channel her hands on my back.

" Focus your thoughts on me and let go of your lightning dragon roar when I say so! " She begins channeling.

" IT"S FUTILE TO RESIST! WE DRAGONS ARE BEYOND ANY OF YOU HUMANS! " Zyklon then launches another poison dragon roar.

That doesn't stop me from linking my concentration with Mira. I keep focusing my mind on our precious memories : the time we save each other's life, the time we shed tears for each other, and the time we kiss. I can feel Mira's emotions flowing through me.

" Laxus, now! Show him the combined power of Fairy Tail S-rank wizards! " Mira finally signals as a gigantic yellow magic circle forms in front of me.

I immediately exhale and successfully deliver our unison raid, " Final Roar of the Lightning Dragon!!! "

The radius of my roar is twice of that of Zyklon's. It completely disintegrate the poison and engulfs Zyklon in a huge explosion of lightning. He squeals in pain and collapses in no time.

" This can't be... you're just... humans... " Zyklon lies paralyzed on the sand in disbelief.

However, it takes more than than that to take down a dragon. Zyklon crawls back up and starts howling, causing the ground to open up and emit gases of deadly miasma. The surrounding is now covered by thick purple gases.

Zyklon then charges  in on us with a poison fang, " This is the end of your insolence, humans! How dare you push me to this limit! "

I and Mira are both suffocating. We collapses on the sand and I notice Mira reverting back, still half-conscious. We've lost this fight, but I am not letting us die here even if it means surrendering to Eladriel. It's the only way....

" Eladriel!!! Please!!! Take me over and protect Mira!!! I am begging you!!! "

" Nooo.... Laxus.....don't leave me..... again..... " Mira's voice still weak.

" I hear you, Laxus. " a voice whispers to me as thunderous lightnings beam down from Heaven. My body is undergoing transformation and finally Eladriel makes his appearance.

The emerging lightning dragon roars and stuns the poison dragon in his place.

" FINALLY YOU SHOW YOURSELF, ELADRIEL! NOW COME! "

To be continued...

Anticipate Miraxus moment in the chapter ^_^ because this will be the last fight scene of the story. The rest are Miraxus moments.