Chapter 17: Gregory Wade Ford

Start from the beginning

I blushed. A vampire falling for a vampire. That's a new one.

"I couldn't stop staring at your eyes from the moment you walked in the bar." he said.

I couldn't stop blushing. Oh I wish he would stop but I can't stop....

"Well, your very polite." I said. He looked at me and flashed his teeth. He bowed his head. "Thank you. "

I flashed my teeth. I then noticed he was wearing a plain grey sweater and a black coat with jeans and sneakers. I was wearing a flower skirt, a brown belt and a ruffly top with black leggings and a long black coat with black heels. Wow did I look formal for a small bistro.

We arrived at the shop and he opened the door for me. I smiled and went in. There were tons of people dancing and laughing and eating. It was beautiful to see all those cheerful smiles. We took a corner table and just...talked.

"My name is actually Gregory Wade Ford. But, I go by Gregg." he smiled. HE WAS TOO CUTE.

"Well, as mentioned before, my name is Alexandria Stamon Salvatore, but I go my Alex." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Wow, that's a beautiful name...Do you by chance go by Aria...I think...it...fits you..." He lowered his head and I could tell me was trying not to blush.

"You could call me that...I also have Ariana, Alexia, and Lexi..But, Alex is the one most go by. Only my brother Stefan called me Aria..." I smiled..I missed him.

"I'll keep that in mind. So where are you from...?" he said.

"Mystic Falls, Virginia you?"

"I'm actually from Atlanta, Georgia. Which is not too far from where you are." He smiled.

I smiled. "Yeah, I love Falls, it's beautiful...Small...quiet...I miss it." I said.

"Yeah, I miss Georgia, but I just visited so can't go back. Besides too distracted here..." he looked at me.

I gasped a little. "Are you trying to flirt with me?" I said sarcastically.

He laughed. "I ...think I am."

We talked until about 12:00. I actually didn't want to go back.

"So, how old are you?" I asked.

"161 years old. You?" I asked.

"160. I was 15 when I turned." I shrugged my shoulders. "By none other then Katherine Pierce."

"Ahh, that explains. I was turned by my..." he swallowed and made bunny ears with his fingers. "girlfriend. Turns out she was just using me...I thought I loved her..." his face saddened.

"Oh...I've never really actually been in love...A lot of boys liked me back in Virginia but there was no one that stood out you know..." Wow, I sounded like a slut.

"Well, doesn't surprise me...your beautiful..." he blushed.

"Well, your not half bad your self..." I said sarcastically. Ugh curse my Damon-ness.

When a song ended in the shop, A song called All This Time by OneRepublic played.

"OH, I loved this song!" he said eagerly. Many people stood close and danced with there love ones on the dance-floor."

"Come on, let's dance. He stood up and lend out a hand for me to take. I crinkled my eyebrows and took his hand unsure of what to do.

He lead me to the dance-floor and put his arm on my back and took my arm. I felt like ice had touched my body when I touched him. I put my hand on his shoulder and I was unsure what to do. He pulled me close and I gasped.

He whispered in my ear. "Don't worry, it will be fun."

"All this time, we were waiting for each other..."

The lyrics were not there for a reason. It was like the song played for a reason. I felt so different around him and I only knew him for 4 hours.

We danced and I looked into his eyes.  

I was unsure of what to say.

"I feel...different around you." I said quietly.

He looked at me while the song played. "Nervous...jittery...wanting to stay where you are for hours and never leave.." he was whispering. He pulled me close again.

"We have all the time in the world to stay where we are.." he whispered again.

The lits were dimmed and I felt so safe where I was. I didn't want to leave but it was time to go.

"Straight in a straight line, running back to you." The song ended. I didn't want it to end. He smiled when it ended.

We went outside and sat on the bench in the cold.

We sat silent for 5 minutes until he finally spoke.

"I wanna see you again." he looked at me with gazing eyes.

I smiled. "Tomorrow, come to the park near Carrie Ct. at 5:00 P.M."

He looked at me and nodded. "If you don't come tomorrow, I know I won't see you again." he smiled.

I shoke my head gently. "No, I'll come."

I flashed my smile. "Goodbye, until tomorrow Gregory." I stood and walked across the street.

"Goodbye, Alexandria." He whispered. I heard him from across the street. I looked behind me and he was gone. I walked down the streets of Nutley, feeling amazing.