It must have been seven or eight years since I had been here.  We sat in silence for afew minutes until I had to break it.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” I said staring out at the view.

“Yes. It is....There is no place like home”. I turned to look at Ethan and he was already looking at me.  It seemed so natural to just lean into one another and kiss.  Brushing my lips with his lightly he reached up to tenderly touch my face.  It didn’t last very long but felt like a promise of more to come.

“Shall we?” he hoped up once again taking my hand and pulling me to my feet.  I stood and jumped up to place a peck on his lips smiling as I did.  

“Lets”.

********

We walked back towards The Rocks, this time in silence.  As if we were both in deep thought.  I know I was, I just wish I knew what Ethan was thinking.  He never gave much away and still hadn’t really told me what he actually does and who he works for.  What is his purpose of a trip back to Australia?

I didn’t really want to pry instead enjoying the quiet comfort between us.  At that moment I decided to for once live in the moment.  My adult life had always been well regimented up until I started my overseas travel job.  It felt so free travelling to a different destination almost every week.  

As unrestrained as I felt doing that I had never really allowed myself to just enjoy being in someones company of the male kind. I was always so used to my life with Alex and never really imagined it without him.  We both worked hard and weekends were spent with our family or going to dinner with friends.  We never really had much alone time and if I was really honest with myself, the only time Alex and I had fun was when other people were around us.  

I think I just had a revelation...what if I just let life happen and try not to control every situation.  What is the worst that could happen.  If this man was the worst life could throw at me then I will just let go and throw caution to the wind.  Have no expectations and live in the moment.  

We ended up at The Rocks Market.  I loved exploring the little stalls and finding objects du art, trinkets to wear ornaments that would sit on a shelf.  The sight would trigger wonderful memories instantly.  I had so many tokens and souvenirs about my apartment I found it heartening to look at them.

As the weather was warming up Ethan bought us a fresh lemon juice from the little van on the edge of the cobblestone street.  It was so refreshing that it kind of spiked my senses.  

Walking further into the crux of the markets there were a lot of works of art by local artists, pottery, old records and antique prints of times gone by.  There was so much beaded jewelry it all started to look the same to me.  Ethan stopped and as he still had my hand I did too.

He was looking in a beaded shop. Before I knew it, he had his wallet out and paying the sweet looking older lady that was laden with beads around her neck and wrists, for something. All without letting go of my hand.  Damn he’s sweet.   He put his wallet and a small blue tissue wrapped item in his pocket and looked down at me again, not giving away anything.