2: Surprise, Surprise !

Start from the beginning

          I turned around to glance at the clock, but to my utter bewilderment, I couldn’t find one. Then, it hit me; ‘I’m not home. I never was and never will be’! I got up and got my phone out of my bag to find that a death certificate should be printed out for it. ‘Just my luck!’ I thought to myself. After debating for about ten minutes, whether I should acknowledge whoever is here with my presence or just sit here and die of hunger, I decided that my best choice would be going downstairs to get at least a cup of water. “Good morning, Sleeping Beauty, it’s nice of you to join us” Chris said. Sleeping Beauty? Was he serious? “Good morning” I replied dryly. Then, I stopped in my tracks. There, in the middle of the kitchen, sitting at the kitchen table, was none other than the ‘oh-so-full-of-himself’, Mr. Channing! “Oh! If it isn’t Miss I-Go-Around-Punching-People-So-Beware!” he greeted me sarcastically. My parents always taught me to greet a person whether they mean the world to you or you just want to throw a fridge right at them, so I greeted back sarcastically “Oh! If it isn’t Mr. Ow-My-Nose-Is-Bleeding-Because-I-Was-Punched-By-A-Girl!” Then, Dylan caught my eye and honestly I did my best not to go down on my knees and cry right now. He looked in pain, not the regular ‘Icaught a cold’ pain, but serious pain. He, my baby brother, was agonized. “Good morning, Dylan” I said softly, but he gave me no answer, he just sat there, swirling his cereal, so I tried again, thinking that he didn’t hear me, “Good morning, Dylan” I said a bit louder. He still didn’t reply, although I’m sure by now he must’ve heard me, then it clicked. “You’re giving me the silent treatment” I said to myself, more of a statement than a question. After all, how can he answer me if he was giving me the ‘silent’ treatment? “Fine, Dylan. Have it your way then” by that, I was out of the kitchen and up in my room, despite Chris’s continuous calls.

          Around four in the afternoon, I heard the doorbell, so I figured someone would open the door sooner or later.Two minutes later and the doorbell was still ringing. ‘Why in the world isn’t anybody answering the freaking door?’ I thought to myself. As I was descending the stairs, I yelled “Isn’t anybody going to answer that?” “Aera, can you please answer that?” Chris yelled from the living room. “Dude, it’s your house not mine, you answer it!” I yelled back. “Come on Aera, just please answer it” he yelled back. A minute after figuring that the visitor might’ve gotten bored out of his skull and left, whoever it was rang again. God damn it! Fine, you know what, I’m going to answer the door and claim that I was kidnapped by a total weirdo! Ding Dong. “Fine. I’m coming” I yelled.

          When I opened the door, my jaw dropped to the floor, my eyes bulged out of their sockets and a flash blinded me for mere seconds. “Hey, Aera” he said excitedly and smashed me into a definitely suffocating bear hug. “Ca … Can’t Br … Breathe!” I muttered out of breath. When he set me down, I asked “What the heck are you doing here? Are you trying to give a freaking heart attack, or is it the …” I was interrupted by him saying “I’m staying here, with you, forever and always. Wasn’t that our promise? That we’d stay together for the rest of our lives!” That totally caught me off guard. “Oh my God, Liam. Oh my God! You … you’re just … I … but, I mean you … and I thought you … but, you were so … I mean I was not. Crap Liam, you’re the most amazing best friend anyone could ask for and jeez, I absolutely don’t deserve someone like you! I missed you so much; you couldn’t even begin to comprehend how much I missed you!” I said that while crushing him in a huge hug!

          Liam is the kind of person that would honestly pour out his all to help others. We were literally raised up together. He’s the only one who truly knows when I’m dying on the inside, even if I might look strong, composed and unbreakable on the outside! The day my parents passed away, he was the only one who was there, hugging me and never letting go although I was hitting him and screaming continuously. When my friends slowly slipped away and let go of me, he was the one there to comfort me and to tell me that whoever does that to a person could’ve never been a real friend and would never be. His parents consider me their daughter, just like mine considered him a son. When I’m being stubborn, he’s the only one who can honestly make me change my mind 180 degrees. He’s always been there for me, even when I wasn’t. I don’t deserve a person as brilliant as him and he shouldn’t be stuck with someone like me who does everything the wrong way.