Blaming Me

Hi guys :D This is my second attempt to write a story, so hopefully this one'll go as planned and won't be a failure!

Anyway, this is the prologue. Enjoy, comment and vote :D

Photo of Aera Joelle Anderson ------------->

Prologue

          I kept on running and running. I never stopped, I never even thought about stopping, because if I did, I knew that it would be the last thing I’ll ever do! My ragged breaths were aching in my lungs and the wind was like a red eyed monster squinting wickedly at me. I reached the beginning of a curved path leading to the forest, ‘maybe I lost them’ I thought to myself, but I was not going to take the risk and stop to check if they were still on my tail, however, I did slow down to a jog as my legs were not able to go on anymore, my lungs were probably burning at 200 degrees Celsius and my heart was throbbing painfully against my ribs! 

          I reached my heaven on Earth; my mom’s hauntingly beautiful garden, the one I always thought was utterly breath-taking and the one that I always came to as a sanctuary. However, it was another thing when I laid eyes on it this time; it was just simply plain, no flowers, no beauty and no more a sanctuary to me. My heart ached at the scene and my mind seemed to suffer from a black out. I fell to the ground on my knees, clutching my stomach in agony and despair, this scene was revolting and the pain was excruciatingly unbearable. Who could possibly do such harm to a place that should be kept unharmed, untouched and unscathed? As I slowly rose up to my feet once more, I felt nothing anymore, I felt empty –more or less-, the emptiness was crawling on me, consuming me and making me feel nothing but being invisible and unwanted.

          Now, they were here, surrounding me, reading my every thought, draining my energy and preparing to take me hostage. I never thought I’d ever feel so weak and vulnerable, I always thought that I’d forever be strong and unbreakable, but to my extreme disappointment, I was wrong. For the first time, I admitted that I was wrong and weak. I couldn’t open my eyes to look them straight in the eyes anymore, I couldn’t find my voice to speak up, yell and scream so they would leave me and I couldn’t find my will to fight back anymore. The thought of the way I'd let go of this life has never crossed my mind before. However, I believe that slipping away, while knowing that you did your best to keep all your loved ones safe and happy, is the easiest way to go!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed that. I know it was short and weird and all, but it'll get better, I promise! I've had it planned for months now!

Votes and comments would be highly appreciated, THANK YOU! :D

Well, I'm going through exams and a lot of studying is going on, so I can't be exactly sure of the next upload, but expect it to be in a couple of days or maybe like a week or something, sorry for the long wait, but chemistry is draining me!

Regards from Egypt, yup, the one with the "Peaceful Revolution" :D

Peace Out!