Chapter 15

Jihye's POV

"I'm Miyoung."

Xiumin and I were staring at each other the moment we heard the name was mentioned. I gave him a half-curved smile to assure him I was fine after crying so hard in front of him. And I didn't want him to worry as well since I'm pretty sure he was just as shocked as I am to find out Miyoung's here.

She pulled a red coloured lipstick out of her dazzling pouch and applied smoothly on her lips. She made a 'pop' sound after fully applying it.

"Babe, did you miss me?" She grabbed Xiumin's arms and linked it with hers, bringing him next to her side. She then turned her attention to me. She glared judgementally at my after-crying face. "Xiumin, I didn't know you've been taking baby-sitting job when I wasn't around." She smirked at Xiumin and scoffed at me.

I turned aside and rolled my eyes. I was speechless at her comment and I couldn't bear to see her being so touchy with Xiumin anymore.

"I'm getting back inside the studio." I said and left the scene.

Xiumin's POV

I watched as Jihye walked inside. I wanted to go after her but Miyoung pulled my arms back to her forcefully. I removed her hands gently away from mine.

"Look, Miyoung. Like you said, you weren't around. You were gone. You asked me to lie to everyone, that you didn't survive the accident back then, I don't know your motive about being back here to my life but I found someone who truly loves me for who or what I am. You should stop." I said and quickly turned my attention to Jihye to see if she was safely inside the studio.

"I want you back, Xiumin. I realised my mistake and I really don't want to be lonely."

Unbelievable.

"You came back because you don't want to be lonely?" I said and shook my head disapprovingly at her. "Just stop, Miyoung." I warned and went into the studio.

"Whatever Xiumin. I will definitely get what I want." Miyoung crossed her arms and smirked to herself.

Jihye's POV

I went inside the studio and sat one corner silently to avoid disturbing my brother's dance practice and I needed that alone time. They were dancing to a slow music which made me drifted to my thoughts even deeper. I thought about how me and Xiumin could actually be together and imagined about things we would do every single day and how contented I will be if Xiumin's always next to me. And then my heart dropped and tears started flowing. I tried controlling it from falling but it flowed against my will.

I hate you, Xiumin. I hate you so much. I hate you that you didn't tell me about your past. I hate you that I needed to find it out all by myself. I hate you even more that I know my hatred doesn't even mean anything to you. I hate you because you don't really know how much I love you.

I knew it wasn't Xiumin to be blamed. I just needed to hate him. That way, maybe ... just maybe, I could actually forget about him. I kept thinking and thinking as I leaned my head against the wall. I heaved a sigh, not realising that someone was watching me, Jongin.

***

"Good job, Soo. There's one thing though, your movements can be more fluid if you do it this way," Jongin explained and demonstrated to Kyungsoo who were immersed in Jongin's dancing. "Now you try. I'm gonna take 5." Jongin said as he smiled to Kyungsoo.

Jongin took a satisfied breath as he grabbed his water bottle and gulped down his water. He can't help but looked at Jihye's sadden expression. He's been noticing her ever since she came into the studio. He noticed her face was swollen and only then he realised she cried. Now, he was standing at the other corner which was opposite of her. She didn't cry anymore but she wasn't smiling either.