Chapter 3

I sat on the same bench as last night when I waited for Kyungsoo but this time I sat, waiting for Sehun. Tao's store was only few steps away from where I was.

If I turned behind slightly, I will be able to see the Luhan mannequin and his friend in the glass display.

"C'mon Sehun. Where are you?" I've been waiting for Sehun since two hours ago and now it's already 9 p.m.

There weren't any replies or calls from him. I tried dialling his number but it couldn't be reached. Make it up to me? I sighed. Or maybe there's traffic?

Maybe I'll wait for one more minute. And then, I got a text message.

Jaena: Hey, having fun?
Me: No, I think he ... stood me up. But I'm still waiting.
Jaena: Well ... I'm glad he did. And the whole school knows about it.
Me: What's that ... supposed to mean?

I waited for her reply at that statement. Was she really glad that Sehun stood me up? And the whole school knows about what? It couldn't be sent to me though, I'm thinking too much.

I waited for a few more hours and the weather started to get even more chilly. Soon after, I fell asleep on the bench.

I was fast asleep but I could feel someone sitting next to me. Putting a thick cloth over my super thin jacket. I was wide awake after but I did not open my eyes. I tried to not get the attention, hoping it won't be some bad guys taking advantage.

Seconds later, there were no movement except that feeling of someone gently stroking my hair. Is it Sehun? I thought.

I moved a bit and I felt that person standing up from the bench we're sitting. I opened my eyes and that person was about to leave. I quickly take a look at the thick cloth on me and it's a winter jacket.

Not just any jacket but the jacket that Kyungsoo wanted to buy yesterday. The jacket that was on the m-mannequin.

W-w-what?

I glanced at the person who placed it on me while he was leaving. He didn't see me being awake. Because the moment I woke up and saw who he was, I gripped tightly onto the jacket and back to pretending sleeping.

Because the person who gave me the jacket, the person who gently caressed my hair wasn't Sehun.

It was 'the other mannequin'. Luhan's friend.

I tried to remain calm as ever and turned my head behind slowly to look at the glass display.

Such coincidence wouldn't happen. Anyone would've bought the jacket. I convinced myself.

I turned and without hesitation, I grabbed my bag along with the jacket and ran.

Because in the glass display, Luhan mannequin's friend wasn't there.

***
At Jihye's house

"Oppa! You wouldn't believe it, the mannequins are ali-" I was talking halfway and Kyungsoo cut me off.

"Are you dating Sehun?"

Eyes widen in shock, I didn't know how to answer. How did he know?

"Is that from him?" He continued, pointing at the jacket I was holding.

"Huh? ... It's from the-" before I could tell him, he interjected.

Kyungsoo chuckled bitterly and I was taken back. "Of course not. He stood you up."

WAIT WHAT?! He knew about that too?! ... Now I understood about what Jaena said. 'the whole school knows about it'? I only told her, did she spread it? /0\