Chapter 2

"Kyungsoo? Where are you? It's late. Can't you walk any faster and get me home?" It's been two hours since she waited for him in front of Tao's store.

"I'm coming. I'm coming. Are you afraid?" She swore she heard a sarcastic chuckle from Kyungsoo over the phone.

"Why would I be afraid? I'm just afraid you'll have to be late for another hour because of that short legs of yours!" I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Jihye! Wait till I come and we'll wrestle it out! Besides, my height is the average among guys nowadays."

Their love-hate arguments lasted for almost ten minutes until Jihye decided to cut off the call.

"Yeah sure, Kyungsoo. Just get here. I'm coolldddd!"

She sat on the nearby bench and minutes after the call, Kyungsoo arrived.

He quietly stood behind Jihye and had one arm on her neck, the other grabbing his own arm, wrestling his sister. Jihye screamed in pain.

"Owwww! What the hell, Kyungsoo?"

"That's for saying I'm short!" He released her from the wrestle position and passed her the scarf he's wearing.

"Here, take this! You're cold, isn't it?" Kyungsoo said.

"Did I mention you're the best brother ever?" Jihye told him and smiled.

"Your face is bloating and I don't want people to see me walking with a human balloon." Kyungsoo sarcastically teased her and she =_= lightly punch him on the shoulder.

Jihye's POV

We walked passed by Tao's clothing store on our way home and to my surprise, both the "wax figured" mannequin was placed in front of the glass display.

"Oppa...I'm not trying to say you're short, but can we at least walk faster from here?" I tried persuading him to avoid looking at the store after the crazy scene I had with the mannequin before.

"I won't. Because this mannequin's actually wearing the latest winter wool jacket. Let's take a look."

"Oh no!" I whispered silently. We're here. We were standing in front of the glass display and Kyungsoo stood in front of the other mannequin and me, I'm standing in front of the mannequin who claimed himself as Luhan. He was still wearing that red beanie.

I didn't dare to look at Luhan but one glance wouldn't matter, I thought. I was wrong. That Luhan mannequin blinked at me!

I quickly grabbed Kyungsoo's backpack and pulled him away.

"Oppa! We don't have money, let's go!"

"But I do have mone-"

"No Kyungsoo. No. Buy me food instead."

As we were halfway away from the store with crazy mannequins, I told Kyungsoo the truth.

"Kyungsoo-ah! I know I sound crazy but ... Did you see the mannequin blinked at me?" I grabbed my brother's wrist but he didn't believe me so we walked back to the store.

"Don't be crazy! Mannequins can't move." Kyungsoo said and walked away.

"KYUNGSOO STOP! ... The mannequin just s-smiled at me."

"What? Don't be stupid. Let's go home." Kyungsoo pulled me away from the glass display and I turned to have a second glance.

Kyungsoo voiced out,"Stop looking at it. It might just jump out and follow us home!" He teased.

"Shut up, Kyungs-so..." I gripped my brother's hand tighter.

"Are you alright?" Kyungsoo asked.

I looked down at the street and nodded.

"Y-y-eah."

I wasn't alright. I told myself to never come here anymore because something weird just happened.

Luhan mannequin tilted its head and waved his hands at me.

***

The next day at school, I strolled over to Jaena and told her about the whole incident.

"You're joking!!" Jaena was in disbelief.

"No! I'm not. It was at Tao's store." I told her.

"It couldn't be. It's at Tao's store. Don't you think he'll be the first one to tell if there's two crazy and live mannequins around him?" Jaena protested.

She did have a point. Live mannequins are no doubt creepy and it's inside Tao's store. I mean, Tao's store! Tao.

After lunch, Jaena and I parted and I planned to leave all these crazy hoo-hah behind me but problems seemed to arise one after another.

I saw Sehun walking down the hall, strolling casually towards me. I admitted, I still have a slight crush on him but it all faded when I think about his jerk actions. He smirked, looking like he had some mastermind plan.

"Hey Babe! My girlfriend." Sehun came to me with his arms resting on my shoulders.

Babe? This is confusing.

"H-huh?" I looked up at him.

"YOU and I are going on a DATE tonight!" Sehun said aloud.

He did that on purpose.

This time he whispered to me, "Just go along with me, alright?"

He leaned in to kiss but stopped when our lips were an inch close. To others, we were kissing but to me, he was just smirking all the way.

"Those three girls at the back have been bugging me about me and you. So I needed to show them." Sehun whispered.

"Show them what?" I blurry asked.

"That we're 'together'. I know we had a rough start but I'm gonna make it up to you. Tonight. Date. With. Me." Sehun whispered.

As he broke off the fake kiss, he stepped few steps further and shouted to make sure those three girls heard it. "Meet me at Apjeong street at 7 tonight."

And then he left. There were whispers from almost everyone and I was left dumbfounded.

I'm confused. He clearly didn't like me but why did he think we're together. Does he really wanna make it up to me? I smiled and think that Sehun wasn't really a jerk after all.

Apjeong street. That sounds familiar. Oh fuck. I thought. That's the place where Tao's store was located. That's the place where the live mannequins were.