Chapter 5

On one condition. Don't fall in love with me!

"Woah woah! Who does he think he is? Telling me not to fall for him =_= . Does he even know what 'love' means? As a human myself, I don't even know how that felt. I mean, I don't even have the experience." I paced back and forth in my bedroom with both my hands on my waist.

"And ... and ... what's with Luhan saying Xiumin likes me? He watched too much k-dramas!" I kept scratching my head to search for answer. "Ahh ahhh! Molla!" I gave up and decided to sleep instead.

***

"Wake up~~ Jihye! Wake up!" Someone was shaking me.

"Jaena?"

I groggily stood up with me rubbing my still closed eyes and began talking.

"Jaena! I had the worst dream ever! You were badmouthing and laughing at me. The mannequins I told you about, Luhan and Xiumin, really were alive. Luhan was alright but Xiumin ... he looked nice but arrogant!" I said between a few yawns.

"Arrogant?" I heard that voice from somewhere before. Xiumin?

"It's not a dream, Jihye. Your friend, Jaena, she's not good." I heard that voice from somewhere before too.

I opened my eyes to see two lively men standing in front of me. I took a step back. Shocked.

"Who gave you the permission to come in?"

"Your mum."

"Wait ... how?"

Luhan replied. "I just need to tell her that Xiumin's your cute boyfie and he missed you so much that seeing you is the first thing he must do every morning."

My jaw dropped at those words. "Luhan ... you should really cut down on those k-dramas!" I sighed.

He wasn't paying attention and I noticed Xiumin and him were looking ... more like scanning me. I trailed their eyes and OMG! I completely forgotten that I was wearing only my bra and pajama pants. I quickly grabbed my bathrobe to cover myself.

"Stop looking. Both of you!!" I shouted while throwing my flip flops at them.

"Wow, Jihye! I didn't know you've got curves." Luhan mentioned.

"Yeah, whatever!" Xiumin said, looking blushed.

"Note to myself, mannequins can be perverts too!" I rolled my eyes at them.

"So ... what are we going to do today?" Xiumin asked sitting on my bed, next to me. Bouncing lightly.

"Ohh ... erm, we're gonna play soccer! Everyone loves it!" I smiled and looked at Xiumin who was beside me. He quickly turned away and coughed slightly.

Was he staring at me before? Why did he look so nervous when I see him?

***
At the field

"Okay. Luhan and Xiumin will be a pair against me and my brother. You'll have to kick the ball into the goal post. Whoever kicks it in, scores a point for their team." I explained the rules of the game thoroughly and the game began.

"YAHH! OPPA! I thought you're good at this. That's why I chose you! Look at where you kick the ball. We're losing." I called out for Kyungsoo while catching some air.

"Shut up Jihye! Scores a goal already." Kyungsoo retorted, clearly frustrated as I was.

On the other hand, Luhan and Xiumin were enjoying this game. Smiles were plastered on their faces since the game started.

"I'm loving this game already!" Luhan shouted, sincerely.

"Call me LUnaldo!!" Luhan was extremely excited. I gave him a "don't-ever-say-that-name-again" look.

"Call me Xiu-messi!!" Xiumin's turn to nickname himself and I looked across at him and he was laughing. I couldn't help myself but to stare at his laughing face, my eyes were searching for him throughout the field.

He dribbled and kicked the ball into the goal post, cheering with his hands up in the air with Luhan. I had to admit, he was really not his usual self. He's more happy.

Was he really smiling and laughing? I can't help but smiled too. He seemed like he already has these emotions in him but chose not to show it. Why?

Don't think about him. I mind-scolded myself.

"WATCH OUTTTT!!"

Someone screamed from across the field and when I looked up, I didn't manage to dodge the ball in time.

The ball hit my forehead and I landed on the floor. I touched my forehead and it was wounded with blood.

Someone came running to me and embraced me into a hug. He broke off the hug and was really worried.

"Are you okay? Your forehead is bleeding. Is it alright? Are you gonna be okay? Is there a hospital around somewhere?"

I tilted my head up to see who it was. Xiumin.

"H-huh?-" I said, "-Y-yeah! ... You know the word 'bleeding'?" Ignoring the pain I had on my forehead.

"Is that what's important to you right now? Gosh, Jihye!" Xiumin scolded while wiping the blood away.

Then came Kyungsoo and Luhan.

"Xiumin-ah! Can you really handle the blood well?" Luhan shook Xiumin's shoulder but he didn't answer.

I looked at Luhan but he looked more worried about Xiumin.

Why? There must be something going on.

"Let's go to the hospital, Jihye!" I nodded and Kyungsoo helped me up.

***
At Jihye's house.

Kyungsoo held the door for me as I went in. I found Xiuhan sitting on the couch, enjoying themselves with few bags of chips.

"Yah yah yah!! That's my chips!!" I rushed over to them and snatched the snacks away.

"Don't be stingy! There's this saying, sharing is caring!" Luhan exclaimed, grabbing the snacks from me.

"Well, this human over here-" pointing at myself, "-doesn't understand that statement when it comes to food." Protecting my bags of chips.

"You should rest." Xiumin stood up from the couch, sounding very serious.

"Just maybe a lil bit later." I replied.

"You should GO now!" Xiumin ordered, this time sounding a lot louder.

"It's just a small scratch on the forehead. Relaxs!" I told Xiumin nonchalantly.

"You're really stupid, you know that! Who would stand there and let the ball hit their head?" Xiumin commented harshly.

"What's wrong with you, Xiumin?! It's MY head! It's none of YOUR business!" I was irritated.

"So if there's a car coming through and you would daydream and stand there to be hit? It's YOUR own business but what about people who care for you? You're so stupid, Jihye!!" Xiumin continued.

"I don't need you to care for me." I knew I sounded childish but I regretted what I said.

"You won't need to because I don't." Xiumin walked off. His shoulder pushed against mine. He went out and slammed the door.

I shouted across the room. "FINE."