Chapter 11

At Jihye's house

I stopped in front of the door, heaving a sigh. I reminded myself the incident that happened just now.

I'm glad you're smiling now, my wifey.

Wtf Xiumin? What are you trying to do to me?

I slouched a bit and twisted the door knob and went in. I saw Kyungsoo oppa sitting on the couch, watching the tv.

I ran to him like a strange puppy and sat heavily on the couch.

"Oppaaaaaaaa~~~ oppaaaaa~~" I whined at Kyungsoo and he was still concentrating on the screen.

"You want me to kick you?" Kyungsoo shooed me away.

"Oppaaaaa~ I'm confused. I need your help." I said, shaking him back and forth, still no respond.

I breathed and blurted. "Is it okay to fall in love with a ... thing?"

Kyungsoo immediately jumped up with shocked. "The tv is mine, back off!" →.→

"WHAAT?! I don't mean that! I mean something else ... someone else."

"You mean Xiumin?! NO!" Kyungsoo stood up and crosses his arms.

"He's not human. How can you say you like him?"

"But oppa, you like that tv too right?" I said, pointing at the squared plasma screen.

"That's not the point, Jihye. He's a mannequin. And I knew something you don't know. He-" Kyungsoo said but stopped in kid sentence. (A girl named Miyoung. He likes her but not anymore according to Luhan. But that can't make me believe fully about it.) Kyungsoo thought, biting his lips.

"Noo nooooo! I don't like him at all. *fake laugh* Who would ever be so dumb to like something especially not a human, right?" I faked my laugh and lied ... I did feel sad. What is this feeling? >\

"Besides, you need my help-" Kyungsoo voiced out. "-And I will do that. Whatever it takes for you to not like him. I'll think of a way but for now, you should only pretend his your boyfriend, not a real one." And from that, he walked up the stairs to his room.

"I'm sorry, Jihye." Kyungsoo mentioned, and carried on. "He will hurt you."

I bit my lips slightly and gave a long thought. I don't what to do anymore. I tried asking Kyungsoo for advice but ... after talking to him, I'm getting even more confused.

***
At the café!

"What are you doing here?" My eyes widen at the sight of Xiumin at the cafe ... wearing the staff's uniform.

"You're working?"

"Yeah! I am. You got a problem with that?" Xiumin answered.

" ... N-no. I don't. B-but why here of all places? There are so many cafés around the neighbourhood and ..." I kept on and on but Xiumin smirked, making me stopped talking.

"I like this place the most. I already got the job offer yesterday from that Chanyeol guy." He took the tray at the counter and shoved passed me, serving the customers. "Now will you excuse me, I got work to do."

I narrowed my eyes at him and walked towards the register, continuing my job as a cashier.

It's already been four hours since I've talked to Xiumin. I kept glancing at him and when he looked towards my direction, I pretended looking at the ceiling instead. More female customers came in and giggled and squealed when they see Xiumin.

I bit my lips. What is this feeling? It's always the same sharp pain when I see girls smiling and flirting around him.

Suddenly, I heard someone snapping its fingers at me. "Hello? Earth to cashier. Are you there?"