Chapter 6

It was only Luhan and Kyungsoo in the common room. Luhan was still sitting on the couch, munching on the potato chips Jihye gave up to him. A while later, Kyungsoo scooted over to his side and stared at him.

Dude, when will you ever stop eating? He thought.

Kyungsoo cleared my throat and he finally stopped.

"Is there something Jihye needs to know about Xiumin?" Soo began but Luhan blinked at him innocently.

Kyungsoo asked again. "There's something, isn't it? The way you were worried for him at the sight of blood."

"He's not a mannequin ... right?" Kyungsoo kept on asking till Luhan's willing to give an answer.

"You're wrong. He is but ..."-he swallowed hard."-he became a human, once. Just like me, he was excited. Trying to be everything a mannequin can't. Until he met this girl. Miyoung."

Kyungsoo stood up from his seat. "What happened now? To him?"

"He ... I mean, they had an accident. Xiumin was alright because he doesn't bleed. But Miyoung, ... didn't make it." Luhan gulped his saliva hard and continued. "Miyoung didn't love him. She never accepted him since he's a mannequin. And she thought he was crazy. It was one-sided and Xiumin was hurt deeply." Luhan looked away as if didn't want the memories to haunt him.

"He loves her, huh?" Kyungsoo was making sure.

"Loved." Luhan corrected.

"That's why he didn't want me or us to become the same kind like you. Until-"

"Until both of you met Jihye." Kyungsoo continued his sentence.

"And that was why he was so frustrated with Jihye not caring about her wound at all." Luhan explained.

"Just promise me one thing. It's about Xiumin." Kyungsoo assured and Luhan looked up at him. He opened his mouth to talk.

"Don't ever hurt my sister."

***

"KYUNGSOO-AHHHHH!" Mrs. DO shouted across the kitchen.

"Nae, eomma?" Kyungsoo ran downstairs.

"Where's your sister? We'll be having a gathering with Jaena's parents later."

Mrs. Do didn't know about how things were shaky between Jihye and Jaena. Both their parents were friends, that's why they were so close until what happened a day before school vacation.

Kyungsoo widen his eyes. "Mum, there's something you need to know."

"WHERE IS SHE?" His mum yelled and Kyungsoo realised maybe this wasn't the time to talk to his mum.

"She's in her room."

***
Jihye's POV

Knock knock knock.

"Come in."

"There's this gathering going on tonight with Jaena's parents and they heard about your boyfriend. They wanted to meet him ASAP. ANDDD, you didn't tell me Jaena has a boyfriend?!"

"Mum, I-" It wasn't because I didn't wanna tell her. I, myself didn't know she has one.

"I don't see you hanging out with her lately. This will be a great opportunity. Aren't you excited?"

"Uh-huh," I lied. I didn't want to go to the gathering at all. I didn't want to see Jaena, especially she's been laughing at me all along. But I needed to be tough. I needed answers from her. Why did she do this to me?