Chapter one

Hi, guys I finally started editing IWY only because I have a little writer's block right now and I think editing the old chapters may help me get out of it. I hope you guys think IWY chap. 1 is better now and get's better after the upcoming revisions. Once again thank you reading and your continued support to my first work on wattpad. Hope you guys enjoy

Katherine's POV

"Melanie come."

Just now Melanie knocked to enter my office. She's a smart girl with blonde hair and pale blue eyes, who is extremely shy.

Melanie never talks to anyone unless spoken to first. She's been like this since I first met her.

"How can I help you today Melanie?"

She sits in the chair front my desk.

"I wanted to know if I can start taking AP classes next semester?"

Melanie's soft voice makes it so I have to listen extra careful to hear her.

On the right where I sit is two draws. I open the first one where I've already put her file earlier after lunch. The Manila folder sat on top of some random stuff like paper clips, boxes of staples, post its, etc. On the left corner in my bold handwriting is, Melanie Pratt.

Taking the folder out the draw I open it, flipping through until I land on the current transcript. Melanie is a sophomore at James Monroe high school where I work as the guidance counselor. I look at her GPA and see a 95.68 as the cumulative average. She has all A's from freshman year. Her lowest grade is a 90 in physical education.

No reason why Melanie couldn't start AP classes next semester.

My eyes glance up at Melanie's face as  she nervously fidgets in her seat.

"Yes, you can. Do you already know which AP courses you want to add to your schedule?"

She shook her head looking down to her lap.

"I don't. But could you tell me the ones offered next semester."

I quickly open the second draw beneath the first where I keep stuff like that.
Searching through my flyers coming upon the one with AP classes for the spring 2019 semester.

"Let me make a copy for you."

I went over to the copy machine and make a few copies just in case another student asked for it later. Handing the paper to Melanie.

"Was there anything else you wanted me to help with?"

She nods a no.

"Okay let me know by next week which ones you want to take so I can start working on your schedule. I suggest you started with maybe one or two to see what you can manage. Then next fall we can add more if it's not too much on your plate."

"Thank you, Ms. White. I'll see you next week with my choices."

Melanie left my office with a smile on her face. She likes school and loves to learn so I know she's happy.

Just as I go back to my desk my phone beeps in a new message. It's from my best friend Victoria, Tori. She asked if I'm still coming to the reunion dinner tonight with our group of friends from university.

It's been something she's planned since last year. Tori and I last saw the girls two years ago at my graduate school graduation. Since Tori is my best friend we've stayed in touch but I haven't seen Jasmine and Tatiana since then.

Tonight all four of us are meeting up for dinner to catch up. I couldn't wait to talk to Jasmine and Tatiana about what's been going on in their lives since I last saw them.