Twenty Six

December 15 9:23 pm

Harry pops awake and takes a peek at the clock. This was it. This was the day. He couldn't find it in his right mind to keep Desiree anymore. No matter how much he loves her.

He slowly yet quietly gets out of bed and rummages through his drawer. Under his underwear, was a vial and a syringe. Inside the vial was a small dosage of Melatonin. Harry would need it for this mission he is about to embark on.

He primes the needle and makes sure that theirs no air bubbles. He rubs his hand through his mangled hair and walks downstairs. With each step he begins to regret his decision making.

Don't stop now. Tonight is the night. You finally get to get rid of the tramp.

Harry rolls his eyes. He never liked his mothers voice. From childhood to now his adult years, he's never gotten rid of it. He desperately tried. When he turned 18 he asked his doctor how to get rid of them. Of course his doctor told him to take pills or go to a crazy asylum. Harry didn't want to. He was impatient and he felt he didn't belong in a nut house.

He watches Desiree's sleeping form.

She's going to hate me so much, Harry thinks to himself. He crouches next to her and a pang of guilt hits his heart. He wants to back out of it but he knows how much this is wrong.

He raises his free hand and brushes two strands of hair out of her face. Desiree shifts around until her brown eyes open and land on Harry's green ones. She smiles, though it doesn't reach her eyes. Sleep is still set in.

"Hi," she murmers. He brings the needle up and Desiree's eyes widen in fear. Her initial thought was that he's finally going to kill her; that today was her last day on this earth. He holds her down as she begins to thrash around and he injects the Melatonin into her arm. Instantly she feels relaxed and more tired than ever. "Har..." she trails off as she passes out.

Harry throws the needle behind him and grabs his car keys. He heads outside and unlocks his car. He opens the passenger side door and scratches his head going back inside.

He was setting Desiree free.

He scoops Desiree into his arms. She lays limp as he packs her to the car. He gently sets her in the seat and carefully sets her seatbelt on. He closes the door and strolls to the drivers side. He gets in and starts the car up, the engine roaring to life.

He sits at the wheel contemplating on how he was going to do this. He was out of the city and it took a good 20-30 minutes to get back in. He felt best to just ride his way there and think about what to do next. He pulls away from his beach house that his parents bought him out of pity. They gave him everything he wanted in life except the love they never have for him.

His mother didn't want him simply because of his disease and his father, although Harry didn't know, loved him dearly. Hence why his fathers voice is the nice one in his head. Harry resents both of his parents simply because they didn't have to abandon him. They could've went and got help for him. In his mind, they both hate him and wish that he didn't exist.

He finally hits open road and since it's late at night he can hit the pedal and won't have to deal with slow cars and cops.

After about 20-35 minutes Desiree stirs making a small noise. Harry looks at her for a split second and focuses back on the road. She makes another noise and her eyes flutter open.

She looks down and then out the window.

"Wha-What's going on?" she questions watching the world outside her window fly by. She knew where she was and she wondered why she allowed herself to go to sleep tonight.

"Just enjoy the ride," Harry mutters. He knew what his plan was and he was about 3 minutes away from executing it.

"Why?" Desiree asks whirling her head to Harry with tears in her eyes. "I told you I'm not leaving you," she cries.

Harry parks in front of the Police Station.

"Get out," he says not making eye contact.

"But-"

"OUT! Desiree please. Don't make this harder than it already is," Harry says trying to keep his emotions under control. His voices were talking a mile a minute in his head and he didn't want to take his anger out on Desiree.

Harry hears her the seatbelt click open and seconds later the door open and close again. He passes Desiree his Teenage Runaway sweater. She always told him it was her favorite thing of his he owned. And if this was the last time she was going to see him, he wanted her to have it to remember him by. She takes it and quickly sets it on.

It smells just like him, she thinks to herself.

She slightly smiles and then remembers.

"Wait Harry I need to tell you something," she says but he's already pulled off. "I'm pregnant," she whispers to herself watching his car disappear down the road. She sighs to herself and walks inside trying to surpress tears.

**

"And that's how I got here," Desiree tells the agent.

"He brought you here? How the hell did we miss him?!" Agent Brooks questions. Desiree smirks.

Because he's smarter than you even when he doesn't know it, Desiree thinks.

A knock on the door causes both young women to turn their heads as it opens.

"We found him. We found Harry Styles."

(A/N: Oh man the good stuff is starting to happen haha but it's ending oh goodness. I'm going to cry. Why do I always cry when my books end? But I have another book in store but I'm not sure if I'll be able to update it since school is going to start again and I'm going to be B U S Y! But hopefully I can try. Don't forget to vote/comment. You guys are amazing! Love you)