Twelve

"We're going to take a break now Desiree. Do you want anything? Something to drink? Something to eat?"

Desiree thinks about the question.

"Well tacos, from Jack in the Box and maybe a Sprite," she says a bit embarrassed.

Agent Brooks nods and leaves out.

***

August 13 2:09 pm

Harry's POV

"Are you going to be hanging with her again?" Desiree whines as I pull on a long sleeved plaid shirt.

She's jealous Harry. That's cute.

"Jealous?" I joke.

"No. It's just if I'm kidnapped she shouldn't be out having drinks she should be out looking for me."

"Awwe you're jealous," I tease and sit on the edge of the bed next to her.

"Am not," she counters back with a hint of a smile on her lips.

"Don't worry. I feel no attraction towards her whatsoever. It's always going to be you and me."

"Me and you," she says and grabs my hands in hers. "Oh! Just so you know Tara is a handsy drunk. I would know. When she drinks near me and gets drunk I'm her target for a lot of sexual things. I dont mind though. She is my best friend. We've seen each other naked."

"Why haven't I?" She punches my shoulder and I chuckle. "I'm kidding. I'll be right back." She nods and I give her a kiss.

I slip on my shoes and grab my car keys. I take one last look at a smiling Desiree and head out.

She loves you. She loves you. She really really loves you.

I chuckle at my voice, getting in my car. I make my way back to the bar. Tara is a very drinkative person.

I get to the bar and walk inside. She spots me and waves me over.

"Hey," she greets.

"Hey." I take a seat next to her and she orders the same thing we had yesterday.

"So Harry, where do you work?"

"Right now I'm not employed but I'm studying to be a lawyer," I lie.

"Really? I can see you suited up in black and white with a tie on pleading a case and all that."

I chuckle and take a sip of my Scotch.

"Well what about you miss drink a lot."

"I'm a stressful drinker," she laughs trying to explain. "And I work at a mini mart a couple blocks down but I am studying to be a chef."

"You love to cook?"

"Love? That's an understatement."

"You're going to have to cook for me one time," I smirk at her.

Good play. Keep flirting with her.

"Maybe I will," she smiles sipping on her Long Island Ice Tea. "But why did you help Desiree?"

"It was late and I wasn't going to have her walk home by herself. She's beautiful like I said before. She could've been raped. But instead she was kidnapped."

"I want to find her so bad. To wrap my arms around her."

She's grieving Harry. You don't need to go through with your plan.

She's grieving is the perfect reason why you kill her. End her suffering.

Shut! up!

"Well she seems like a nice enough girl. I hope she comes back to you."

"Yeah me too."

For the rest of the hour we talked about each other. Not really giving her the correct information, I bid her goodbye and pay for the both of us.

I head back to the cabin and sit in my car.

Fuck! I told her I had a cabin! We got to leave.

Why would you tell her you had a cabin you ignoramous! Now you have to kill Desiree.

No you don't. You have a beach house not to far away you take her there and things will be better. You leave at night.

Who do you want to listen to Harry? Hmm?

"SHUT UP! I'm going to take her to the beach house," I tell myself. I stop the engine and get out. I walk inside and are greeted by a very happy Desiree.

"Harry!"

"Hey!" I tell her, rushing to her pulling her in for a hug. "Desi I-I messed up. I told Tara I have a cabin in the woods. I-I didn't mean to-"

"Hey hey calm down. Come here," she says and pats the empty space next to her. I climb into bed and lay my head on her chest. "Calm down and tell me what happened," she says playing in my hair with her left hand.

"I was drinking and I accidentally told her I had a cabin in the woods. I covered it up and told her I use it for when I go hunting but she wants me to show her sometime soon. I'm soo stupid!" I yell at myself and try tugging at my hair.

"Harry stop it! You're not stupid. Do you have a second plan?" she asks.

"I have a beach house."

"Okay then. Wait you have a beach house? Who are your parents?"

"We leave tonight," I tell her ignoring her. My parents will never be mentioned, ever.

"Okay. I'm ready. I'm not leaving you," she tells me sincerely.

I snuggle more into her. She's so good to me after everything I put her through.

She's a keeper.

(A/N: Holaa !! How are you guys today? I would like to say thank you that this story is already passed 200+ reads and if you would like go vote on some chapters. Oh! And I put 21 Days in the Wattys so if you like go vote and read on that story too. Love you guys! Mwah!)