Nine

"So you don't feel any sort of attraction towards Mr. Styles?"

Desiree thinks about Jamie's question long and hard. Did she love Harry genuinely or did she just think that she loved him to keep herself alive?

"I don't know the answer to that question," she speaks at an inaudible tone.

***

August 12 6:54 am

Harry's POV

I wake up and realize that I left Desiree unchained last night. I pop up and look next to me.

I let out a gratified sigh.

She's still here. I told you she loved me.

Maybe.

She slowly wakes at my sudden movements.

"Sorry for waking you," I smile down at her. She gives me a smile.

"It's okay. What time is it?" she asks rubbing the sleep from eyes. I grab my phone from the bedside table and click the home button.

"6:57," I answer.

"Well good morning handsome," she tells me sitting up.

"Morning beautiful."

Harry you couldn't be any more ignorant. She doesn't love you. She's just waiting for the right moment to escape. It may not be today or tomorrow but she will betray you.

I shake my head vigorously trying to get rid of the voice.

"You okay Harry?" Desiree questions and I stop.

"The, the voices they're speaking again," I tell her tugging at my hair. She grabs my hands in hers.

"Stop. Look at me okay? Right at me. The voices don't control you."

The hell is she going on about? We do control you Harry.

Shut up. She's right. You, you don't control me at all.

Oh yeah? Push her off the bed.

Something over takes me and I push Desiree making her fly off the bed.

"Desiree I-" Tears well up in her eyes as she looks at me with hurt. "I didn't mean to-" She shakes her head at me.

Told you we control you.

"Why would you do that?" she asks.

Is her little feelings hurt? Why let's hurt them some more. Beat her.

I can't do that.

Beat. Her. Now!

I get frustrated and leap off the bed. I stalk towards her and she crawls backwards.

"Harry," she pleads until her back hits the wall of the cabin.

I ball my fist up and obey my voices.

**

I storm out of the cabin. My knuckles hurting and her blood stained on them. I get into my car and cry.

"Why did I do that?!" I scream at myself as tears pour out of me. I lean my head on the seat.

Good job baby.

It doesn't feel like a good job.

Well you did a good job! Don't undermine me you understand?

I start the car, not turning it on but to the point where I can listen to music without burning gas.

"A-and she's been missing for 4 weeks now and no one is doing anything about it! Her parents were murdered for Christ's sake! Why aren't the police doing anything? That's my best friend and as long as a body hasn't shown up I'm not going to stop searching for her myself. I remember she left the bar and got in a car, a uh, an Audi, with a white male maybe 20 or so with long hair. If anyone knows anything please contact the police or maybe even me Tara Lancaster. Please. She may still be alive with that maniac."

You know what you have to do Harry.